Menu
What if your kid shits on the subway?
Nov 13, 2012 02:14
  • BBQQ
Three days ago, a lady witnessed a 7 or 8 years old boy shit on the subway line 3 in Guangzhou. According to her, she saw a boy who put his hands on his stomach with his parents beside him. It seemed that he was suffering from lose stomach. A few minutes later, the boy took off his pants. Suddenly, the stink spread in the carriage and all other passengers held their noses. She came to the boy’s parents and said “How could you let your kid shit on the subway?” The mom said “sorry” but the dad said nothing. Several minutes later, the subway stopped and then the parents left with their kid immediately. None of them cleaned the waste on the subway.

It is really embarrassing. However, I think the boy really couldn’t wait and then he shit on the subway. As his parents, why couldn’t they clean the subway?

Nov 13, 2012 03:53
  • WANHU
that's the problem with subway, no toilet for emergency.
Wan
Nov 13, 2012 22:01
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

that's the problem with subway, no toilet for emergency.
Wan

Wan,

I did a search in google. So far, all subways in China are not equipped with toilets. So every parent might encounter the same situation like the boy's parents.

In my view, the boy can be forgiven. If he could wait until the train stops, he wouldn't have embarassed himself and shit on the subway. But his parents can't be forgiven. I know they feel embarrassed but how could they leave immediately? At least, they should inform the cleaner to clean up the floor.

The technicians say that it's easy to equip toilets on the subway, such the ones on the bullet train. I don't know why they don't equip toilets.
Nov 14, 2012 21:54
  • SUNNYDREAM
If they are reluctant to equip toilets on the subway, why not offer some plastic bags for those who have emergent situation? The bullet trains and flights all have throw-up bags. If there were plastic bags, the boy wouldn't have dirtied the floor.
Nov 15, 2012 04:47
  • WANHU
In fact most subways that I know, do not provide even a simple latrine.
Wan
Nov 15, 2012 21:01
  • NANCYMOON
I think the reason why there is no toilets on subways is that the subway stops every few minutes, and there are toilets at each station. If you need, you can get off the carriage. Such emergency is embarrassing, but I can not say if we should blame this poor kid and his parents.
Nov 18, 2012 03:28
Nancy,

The newly built subway may have toilets at every station. But some old lines in Guangzhou, Shenzhen or other big cities do not have toilets at every station.

Sunny did give a good idea. At least, they should provide some emergency bags.

Wait! I have a question 'What if the subway driver have an emergency? What will he do?'
Nov 19, 2012 06:39
  • WANHU
Make sure the driver doesn't have loose bowel.
Some trains, like Light Rail Transit (LRT) in Malaysia don't have drivers.
Wan
Nov 19, 2012 20:28
  • LAUGH
Wait! I have a question 'What if the subway driver have an emergency? What will he do?'

Lonely, I don't know how the Chinese subway drivers deal with emergency situations. But South Korean subway drivers do offer a better solution. The drivers have portable toilets.

Look at this picture. The blue box has special plastic bags inside. If they pee in the plastic bags, their urine transforms from liquid to solid state. And the bag can prevent the smelly odor of their waste too.

Nov 19, 2012 20:32
  • LAUGH
Unfortunately, the bus drivers can't use this kind portable toilet. I once witnessed a bus driver stopped the bus to find a toilet. He said to the passengers "Sorry, I have to pee now." All passengers laughed and waited the driver to come back. Very interesting.
Dec 5, 2012 20:58
  • SUNNYDREAM
His parents should learn from him. He is just a farmer worker. He vomitted on the subway and a guy gave him a small bag of paper to clean himself. He cleaned the floor first.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What if your kid shits on the subway?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code