Menu
Bachelors’ Day has become the biggest and important shopping day!
Nov 14, 2012 03:31
Before Christmas Day, many shopping malls in some western countries start to launch big promotions. Now, Chinese businessmen have learnt this. They make use of every holiday to make money, even the Tomb Sweeping Day. The holidays have totally turned into shopping days.

1111 is regarded the Bachelor’s Day in China. How do those bachelors feel? What do they do? The bachelors don’t feel sad for being single because they don’t have time. Their focus is on Taobao.com. Taobao holds big promotion during every year’s Bachelor’s Day. They claim that all consumers can enjoy the lowerest prices on the Bachelor’s Day. Most products are sold so damn cheaper, just 1/2 of their daily prices.

Those who prefer to buy online are fully prepared for the 1111 Shopping Carnival. They put all the commodities they want to by in their shopping cart before the carnival and wait to pay for them. A guy sat in front of his computer for 18 hours in order to purchase on the Taobao.com. Finally, he passed out and was sent to the hospital. The doctor said his blood glucose was very low and then caused a pass-out. How crazy he was!

Thanks to those crazy buyers, the retail sales totals on Taobao.com exceed 19 billion RMB. What does it mean? You can interpret in this way: every Chinese spend around 14.5 RMB on Nov.11, 2012. Incredible!
Nov 15, 2012 20:13
GUESTMARIA Lj . i have a question. the biz form as propriortership doing e commerse . hoe do they clear the tansaction. ie payment n shipping delivery..
Nov 15, 2012 21:57
  • LAUGH
Yes, it is ridiculous why we should celebrate and spend money on the Bachelor’s Day. Let's see, there must be promotions on December 12 too! Anyway, I have to say that Taobao is great, at least they have powerful website and qualified online payment operation.
Nov 17, 2012 09:24
  • MARRIE
i know tao bao is not bad. thats why i hear my childhood friend in china who holds american mba r doing not bad in e commerce using this site (similar to amazon). taking it into account that china is an emerging huge consummer mkt that would be immeasurable potential to expand further, TAO BAO is still developing...Payment Op is safe that cab be approved by ordinary peoples purchas on it on daily basis, still not perfect though, which I saw news in Chinese. Its virtual retail vendor that is derived fr street vendor stall (but stil lots of people like phisical shopping, the same as reading paper news instead of on internet).

QUestion here is that if order is put oversea n paid by Amex, how does Taobao process the payment n shipping /delivery that has to be going thru customs in case that is mass purchasing.
Nov 18, 2012 03:10
Marrie,

I admit that Taobao has made great achievement but I seldom buy things on Taobao.com. Some sellers are very tricky and I was cheated once. I don't know if Taobao accept overseas buyers. But there are some people who post ads and claim they can help foreign clients to buy on Taobao.com. And their service is not for free.

Nov 18, 2012 15:56
  • GLENEVANS
LJ, the most trustworthy sony's gaming web used to be attacted and resulted in thousands credit card accts being stolen. Shoppers are not as brainless today. Without reliable payment, exchange and transfer networking security system, it's not likely that this transaction happen on line. If the tech did catch up, we would take a look at the cost of purchase...
Nov 18, 2012 15:58
  • MARRIE
well said, Glen...
Nov 18, 2012 19:57
GLENEVANS,

Alipay used on Taobao.com is safe. When you finish your payment, your money doesn't go to the seller directly. Taobao keeps the money until you receive the package and confirm it. Alipay works similarly like Paypal. I don't know if Taobao just copies Paypal.

However, you have to pay your money first if you buy on some online shopping websites. They receive the money and then ship your goods to you. I often buy on 360buy.com. It's safe too.

Now some Chinese airline ticket agencies adopt a new way to collect money. You buy air tickets from them. Then they get the money as long as you tell them your debit or credit card number and ID card number. It's unsafe in my eyes. I don't even tell them my code. How can they get my money from my account?
Nov 18, 2012 21:30
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY View Post

GLENEVANS,

Alipay used on Taobao.com is safe. When you finish your payment, your money doesn't go to the seller directly. Taobao keeps the money until you receive the package and confirm it. Alipay works similarly like Paypal. I don't know if Taobao just copies Paypal.

However, you have to pay your money...

pay by credit card on the phone is not new thing...my question is alipay is the only clear n settlement party? how come where alipay has no connection with overseas cellection center? alipay is a dependent subaccouting center, how does it manage the case where customer makes the cash payment after receiving the goods with good conditions?

Nov 19, 2012 06:50
  • WANHU
Through my experience, taobao.com only operates in China and accepts China debit and credit cards. Once I tried to use my credit card issued by Malaysian bank but was rejected. This not only for taobao.com but also online flight tickets.
Wan
Nov 19, 2012 20:15
Thanks for your information, Wan. I didn't this before. But I used my visa credit card issued by China Merchant Bank to buy some stuff abroad successfully. I have been told that only Dual Currency Credit Card can be used in this situation. The Visa, Mastercard and Dual American Express credit cards belong to those dual currency credit cards.

Is your card a dual currency credit card?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bachelors’ Day has become the biggest and important shopping day!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code