Menu
unattended stalls in China
Nov 15, 2012 00:12
  • RAINDROP
The unattended stalls have been reported to appear in some cities in China. There are no men who attend their stalls. All vegetables, papers or other daily necessities labeled with prices are place there. If you need some vegetables, you can pick some up and leave your money there.

I don’t know who runs the unattended stalls. Just curious whether they lose a great deal of money. You know, some people like the thieves prefer to take away something for free.

The Chinese words on the white board mean
"Unattended Vegetables Stal
Scatter-fed chicken's egg one for 1.1 RMB
Pick up vegetables on your own and you can decide how much you should pay for it."

Nov 15, 2012 00:14
  • RAINDROP
The Chinese words in the right conner of the picture means "Harmonious society, unattended stall"

Nov 15, 2012 04:53
  • WANHU
It teaches man to be honest and responsible.
Wan
Nov 15, 2012 21:14
  • NANCYMOON
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

<br />
Pick up vegetables on your own and you can decide how much you should pay for it."

It is really a bold attempt to do this in China. There are thieves even in supermarkets where equipped with video monitor system. If I can decide how much I should pay for goods, it means how much they worth in my standard. I don't think the unattended stalls can be put into use in China.
Last edited by NANCYMOON: Nov 15, 2012 21:15
Nov 17, 2012 09:34
  • MARRIE
i like this way of shopping that does exsist in china even in big city. its about snack stall n other consumer items even fashion ( i guess they have needle camera installed there today). its shopping friendly n offer customers enloyable time coz what customer needs is beyond shopping its self...
Nov 18, 2012 03:06
  • RAINDROP
If there are needle cameras, they shouldn't be called "unattended". Personally, I guess these unattended stalls are used for some kind experiment.
Nov 18, 2012 16:07
  • MARRIE
when i was a little child, I visited relatives in Hangzhou, They set up unattened snack stall in the front hall at home, folks came n go shopping at their home n dropped money in the box...n the home store owner did not keep an sharp eye on it...
Nov 18, 2012 19:49
  • RAINDROP
Marrie,

People in many years ago were simple and honest. They also had their beliefs. Today, many people have become self-seekers. Money is the only thing they are chasing for.
Nov 18, 2012 21:48
  • MARRIE
Raindrop, peoples life has got fundamental chg in china, in middle east coastal areas, ordinary people living standards even exceed the ordinary households overseas ...however, its not like what u say moral standards are declining at the same pace...that is not true...talk to ur relative back in china n u even hear they say why not come back...haha...but if u really dont want to move, just stay where u r n do what u do...dont be jealous or even bad mouthing just because the otherside of the earth where u chose to leave is exceeding at surprisi

ng pace...
Nov 20, 2012 21:51
  • RAINDROP
Yes, people's life got fundamental change in China. The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. Like you said, ordinary people living standards even exceed the ordinary households overseas. What about other people's life in the western areas of China?

On the other hand, more and more rich people choose to migrate into other countries. It is said that 75 % top rich people are considering leaving China. What does this mean?

I am not jealous or bad mouthing. You live abroad, right? Maybe, you should follow your relatives' advice. Come back and experience the real life here.
Nov 21, 2012 22:02
  • MARRIE
Raindrop, neither you nor I have any exact ideas how it is like back in China. Material is not equivent of quality. Besides, if you want your children to become a man with physical strengh, intellectual powers and common sense, you had better stay where you are.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: unattended stalls in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code