Menu
How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Nov 20, 2012 01:16
  • CHERRY07
Recently, a Wuhanese had lunch with his friends in a cafeteria and they stayed there for almost four hours. Then they left because all of them were so full that they couldn't put anything into their mouths.

This man suddenly had abdominal pain on his way back home. His friends sent him to the hospital immediately. The doctor told him that he suffered from acute gastric dilatation and had to accept hospital treatment. He followed the doctor’s advice and stayed in the hospital until he fully recovered. In all, he spent more than CNY 5000 curing his illness.

I went to the cafeteria several times but I seldom go there now. I notice that I can’t eat too much no matter how hard I try. Thus, I give it up.

Some people think they pay a lot so that they do their best to eat, eat and eat. In this way, they feel that their money is well spent. But they ignore that eating and drinking too much is no good for their health.

How much can you eat in the cafeteria?

Nov 22, 2012 01:03
  • WANHU
Cafeteria is usually a dining place where the proprietor provides various kind of food where the customer can choose usually to be paid before consuming. Some cafeterias provide eat-all-you-can buffet with a preset price. Usually I don't go to a cafeteria that provides the latter because I don't eat much, so I will opt for pay what you eat and not pay what you can eat.
Wan
Nov 23, 2012 21:57
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
This is really a true story. I went to Cafeteria several times too, and I was full when I left. I think most people will do the same if they like the food there.

Anyway, the price per person at Cafeteria is expensive, and in my opinion, the price is close to the maximum based on ordinary appetite. So, they do not want any lost in a meal.
Dec 1, 2012 18:15
  • WANHU
All cafeterias in China only have "eat all you can" price?
Wan
Dec 1, 2012 18:29
  • COOLSPRINGS
i feel full before eating the bulk food. it does not suit me...
Dec 2, 2012 00:38
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

Wan

I am not sure. At least, the cafeteria I went to are 'eat all you can' ones. But they have some requirements. Some regulates that you can't stay there more than 2 hours. Some requires you not to waste food. Otherwise, you will be fined.
Dec 2, 2012 13:57
  • DAVEC
The eat all you like is popular in UK, suppose its because we are bigger and greedy.
As I always say to friends of mine who go there "what would you do if the person in front of you sneezes"?
All that food laid out for people to touch is a health hazard
Dec 3, 2012 04:26
  • ATIKA
sip coffee.. and sit for hour and draw something... thats what movies show... i never visted cafeteria my self..
Dec 3, 2012 19:53
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Wan

i heard recently they have been transformed to different module in big coastal city. ie. a variety of different options of raw dishes displayed on the shelf inside the counter.. u can choose what ever u want on the display..and they cook it on the scene for u...its clean. fresh . tasty and affordable...in north america.i guess there still exists buffet of this kind...but anyway its not a right place to enjoy food...

Dec 3, 2012 20:49
I have been to Golden Hans four times. At the beginning, their food were nice. I could find crabs and other seafood. This year, I came to the Golden Hans near the community where I lived. Their food was worse, in my opinion. I just found lean crab legs. They smelt fishy and I gave it up.
Dec 4, 2012 13:13
  • DAVEC
The buffet food like this is not ideal for Chinese cuisine, it is cooked and then left to stay warm while people grab what they want.
Chinese cuisine is the best in the world because it is mostly quick cooked food with fresh ingredients, not just left in the corner to stay warm for whenever and whoever. It should be wok to bowl quickly.
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code