Menu
How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Dec 4, 2012 19:40
  • CHERRY07
Chinese cuisine is the best in the world because it is mostly quick cooked food with fresh ingredients, not just left in the corner to stay warm for whenever and whoever. It should be wok to bowl quickly.

Davec, it takes longer time to cook some soups. Last week, I spend around 3 hours cooking radish and beef soup. It was not successful as I expected. I just followed the recipe and couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Dec 6, 2012 22:06
  • EMERALD7
In my community, Chinese don't run this form of self-service cafeteria at all. Probably it can been seen in other Asian community like vietnamese, phillipinos...
Dec 9, 2012 02:22
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMERALD7

In my community, Chinese don't run this form of self-service cafeteria at all. Probably it can been seen in other Asian community like vietnamese, phillipinos...

Then you should come to China. There are many cafeterias in cities.
Dec 13, 2012 13:48
  • WANHU
We have cafeterias that we pay what we take/eat. Most well-known hotels in Kuala Lumpur provide luncheon per head which we call buffet lunch. Now there's a new ruling, if you can't finish the food you have taken, the leftovers will be weighed and charged RMB20 per 100gm.
Wan
Dec 13, 2012 21:33
  • RAINDROP
In China, they also charge the leftovers, but as to my experience, no one will come over to check if you eat up all you have taken when you leave. Because they have paid the bill at the very beginning.
Dec 18, 2012 00:26
  • WANHU
I tried once, steamboat in HK (near Wan Chai) where people became greedy due to its policy: eat all you can. They tend to waste the food.
Wan
Dec 19, 2012 01:55
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I tried once, steamboat in HK (near Wan Chai) where people became greedy due to its policy: eat all you can. They tend to waste the food.
Wan

Don't they have any rule to deal with those customers? It's a pity that many of them wasted food.
Dec 20, 2012 09:37
  • WANHU
So far I have never wasted any food. Should I cannot finish my meal, I would ask the waiter to pack the food and bring it home and sometimes to my office. There are people who can't find food but people easily wasting the food.
Wan
Dec 20, 2012 21:35
  • RAINDROP
Yes, it is true. Packing leftover is right. However, most people in China, especially the young, they may feel embarrassed if doing this after meals. I think most of them did that out of vanity.

It is no problem for a family to pack food anyway.
Dec 27, 2012 18:06
  • WANHU
To inculcate ourselves not to waste food, either we order the food according to our body needs or pack things we can't finish.
Wan
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code