Menu
Do you know 45-day chickens?
Nov 28, 2012 21:26
  • CHERRY07
It is reported that a Chinese chicken supplier (Suhai Group) to KFC has been said to add toxic addictives to the chicken’s feedstuff. According to the news, dead fly bodies were found near the smelly feedstuff. Thus, it is claimed that the feedstuff can kill flies.

Is this real? According to the latest reports, Suhai Group assigns chicken medicine to its chicken farms. An owner of a chicken farm tells the reporter that he receive more than 10 kinds of chicken medicine from Suhai Group, some of which they can tell what they are. A chicken eats 5 kilograms feedstuff until it grows big enough for slaughter. As for the dead flies, the reporter doesn’t see any though there are flies around the feedstuff. However, the chicken in the cages are very quiet. They seldom move.

Previously, the report said that it just took 45 days fro a chicken to grow big enough for slaughter. The farmer tells the reporter that it takes 8 months for a chicken grow big enough for slaughter if it is fed with grain. According to the farmer, he dares not to eat the chicken he raises. If the chicken was dead, it would be given to his dogs.

PS: KFC in China claim Suhai Group is not their biggest supplier and the chicken from Suhai Group accounts for one percent of their total purchase quantity.

McDonald's announces that Suhai Group is not their supplier anymore.
Nov 30, 2012 21:59
  • LAUGH
I will never eat in KFC or McDonald's. I heard of this kind of "rumor" few years ago. My mum told me we should also take care when we buy meat from supermarket. I like 肉夹馍very much, but I have to keep myself away from it.
Dec 1, 2012 14:58
  • WANHU
Fast food may cause chronic kidney ailment.
Wan
Dec 1, 2012 18:34
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Wan

true.better cook by yourself using fresh material...
Dec 2, 2012 00:28
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by COOLSPRINGS

true.better cook by yourself using fresh material...

What if the fresh materials are polluted? Anyway, cooking on your own is much safer and healthier.
Dec 9, 2012 21:31
Quote:

Wan

And obesity too. Recently, deep-fried dough sticks made by KFC is said to contain excessive "Aluminum". Those sold at food stalls are worse than KFC's.

What can we eat?
Dec 13, 2012 13:43
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

What if the fresh materials are polluted? Anyway, cooking on your own is much safer and healthier.

Cherry, though polluted we still can wash (e.g. vegetable) thoroughly which seldom done by most restaurants. So, I agree with you. better we cook ourselves than buying at the fast food outlets.
Wan
Dec 13, 2012 21:46
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

What can we eat?

We have no choice.
For office workers, if they take their lunch from home, the food have to be heat by microwave oven. It may not healthy too if we keep doing this for a long time. Leftovers cause gastrointestinal disease too.
Dec 18, 2012 00:15
  • WANHU
Raindrop, used thermal tiffin carrier. It keeps the food warm for the whole day.
Wan
Dec 19, 2012 01:36
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Raindrop, used thermal tiffin carrier. It keeps the food warm for the whole day.
Wan

Wan,

It's good to use it in winter. What about summer? Do you use it in summer? I guess food might spoil in it in summer.
Dec 20, 2012 09:29
  • WANHU
the thermal container is insulated and keep the food hot/warm. Malaysia is a hot and wet country and we don't have four seasons. So far the food is OK and could last for more than 8 hours.
Wan
Page 1 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you know 45-day chickens?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code