Menu
Christmas Cakes!
Jan 1, 2013 10:30
  • WANHU
Beijing was snowing and it's not easy for me to move on foot. Beijing South Railway Station in Xuanwu was full of people as usual. I took a train to Tianjin, now only RMB55 much faster than bus.
Wan
Jan 2, 2013 00:30
  • RAINDROP
I was there too in last April, took the bullet train from Beijing South Railway Station to Tanggu Tianjin. The ticket was easy to get from the window and the journey was comfortable.
Jan 2, 2013 14:04
  • WANHU
I suppose you take MRT from Tianjin Station to Tanggu. Tanggu is a new economic zone, as well as famous for its Petroleum business. I was informed about old story of how the Japanese attacked Tanggu.
Wan
Jan 2, 2013 21:47
  • RAINDROP
No, it is high-speed train between Beijing and Tianjin. It takes about one and a half hour. I was impressed that before I took the train from Tanggu railway station, they offer me a small bottle of mineral water.
Jan 3, 2013 14:52
  • WANHU
From my experience, From Beijing South to Tianjin Station takes only 30 minutes and I don't know there's a direct train from Beijing South to Tanggu. I need to take another train (MRT) to Tanggu from Tianjin station. Maybe next time I should inquire for a direct train from Beijing South to Tanggu.
Wan
Jan 3, 2013 20:30
  • CHERRY07
Dear Wan,

There are direct high speed trains from Beijing South Railway Station to Tanggu, Tianjin. I went to Beijing with my parents for a visit. Afterwards, we took high speed trains from Beijing South to Tanggu. It takes about 55 minutes. The ticket fare is CNY 66 for second class and CNY 80 for first class.

Did you use light rail from Tianjin Railway Station to Tanggu? When I was there, the light rail didn't connect Tianjin Railway Station yet.
Jan 8, 2013 12:23
  • WANHU
Yes, from Beijing Nan Zhan to Tianjin about 30 minutes, RMB55 and from there to Tanggu is another RMB4. I said about because, going to Beijing from Tianjin it took me 30 minutes, but coming back the train was slowing down due to snow and the railway tracks were slippery.
Wan
Jan 8, 2013 21:30
  • CHERRY07
Wanhu,

I really hope that extreme weather won't come during the Spring Transportation Peak Season. Let those who work outside for a whole year can get back home quickly to unite with their families.

Seriously, the light rail in Tianjin isn't fast. It takes longer time from Binhai District to Tianjin Railway Station.
Jan 12, 2013 11:11
  • WANHU
It's better than Light Rail Transit we have in Kuala Lumpur. Only the service elevator and the Convemtion Center was out of order.
Wan
Jan 13, 2013 00:55
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It's better than Light Rail Transit we have in Kuala Lumpur. Only the service elevator and the Convemtion Center was out of order.
Wan

Elevator? I went to Binhai New District once. I used the light rail to get on and off at Citizen Plaza (Shi Min Guang Chang) two times. And I didn't use the elevator.

Wan, it is a common problem. Usually, the elevator is divided into two sides. There should be a sign "Stand to the right". If you stand to the right, there will be a space on your left so that those who have emergencies can step quickly out of the station. But most people don't do as the sign says.

Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Christmas Cakes!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code