Menu
Christmas Cakes!
Apr 2, 2013 11:29
  • WANHU
In some countries, patients need to buy medicines at the pharmacies. So you need to bring the prescription to the pharmacy.
Wan
Apr 9, 2013 01:58
  • RAINDROP
Wanhu,

Last time when I went to the hospital, the doctor gave me a prescription and told me to do intravenous fluids there. I thought that I could buy the medicine and do it at the clinic. It's cheaper. Unfortunately, I went to four pharmacies and they didn't sell the medicine the doctor prescribed. Then I went to the clinic for help. The doc there said it was not necessary to use the medicine he prescribed. You just caught a cold not pneumonia. He prescribed cheaper medicine but had the same function. And it did work.
Apr 17, 2013 19:21
  • WANHU
I had my run-around too when I wanted to buy Plavix (clopidogrel) for my blood thinning medicine. In the end I had to make do with generic one, but still very expensive.
Wan
Apr 18, 2013 03:05
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

My friend told me a secret about the pharmacies. According to him, the cheap medicine is put on the lower shelves and the expensive one is put on the higher shelves. Thus, the patients can easily notice the expensive one but can't find those cheap one.
Apr 22, 2013 14:07
  • WANHU
Whatever, the price is still exorbitantly high. After the currency conversion it's four times the price I bought in Malaysia (because it is manufactured in France).
Wan
Apr 23, 2013 02:21
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

Maybe, it's more effective than those you bought before. Chinese people believe foreign commodities have better quality than those Chinese ones.
May 1, 2013 05:56
  • WANHU
They may be correct, but why expensive?
Wan
May 4, 2013 02:15
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

They may be correct, but why expensive?
Wan

Tax! Take cosmetics for example. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate Recovery Boosting Treatment is sold CNY 980 at the shopping malls. You know how much it costs at the tax-free shop in the airport? LESS than CNY 500.

That's why Chinese people ask their friends who go abroad to buy cosmetics for them.
Page 5 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Christmas Cakes!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code