Menu
Christmas Cakes!
Feb 9, 2013 10:08
  • WANHU
No one can force you. Anyway, before my kidney problem, I used to eat rice porridge with boiled salted egg. The Thai way of serving salted egg (boiled) is by adding lime juice, small chili, spring onion, coriander leaf, fish sauce, and thinly sliced onion.
Wan
Feb 17, 2013 01:38
  • CHERRY07
No one can force me but I have to change for the sake of my health.
Feb 20, 2013 11:14
  • WANHU
We should in order to live healthier.
Wan
Feb 20, 2013 20:33
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

We should in order to live healthier.
Wan

Yes, keep good health and you won't send your money to the hospitals. When you are old, you won't be your children's burden.
Feb 22, 2013 00:52
  • WANHU
In China, the cost of medical is exorbitantly high. Last year I was hospitalised in one of the Shenzhen's people's hospitals; with 3 kinds of medicines, IV, ECG scan and one day observation ward, I had to fork out RMB2500. In Bangkok, the same treatment at Bumrungrad (International) Hospital, only RMB600.
Wan
Feb 26, 2013 00:41
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

The medical cost is so damn expensive in China. Even a cold can cost you more than CNY 1000 if you go to a hospital. The doctor will ask you to do a lot of tests (some are indeed unnecessary).

I am curious where the money goes to. I have a friend who is a nurse at a hospital. She says she very busy but is not paid very well. Some doctors are the same as her.

According to her, she burdens very much pressure. Some patients don't know how busy the doctors and nurses are. Some crazy patients even kill the doctors.
Mar 3, 2013 08:35
  • WANHU
I am told the doctors are lowly paid, but by the year end they may get a bonus. The management of one hospital will inform each doctor how much he should get from patients per month or per annum. If a doctor meets the target, he will get say 5% of the total income. I don't know how far it's true but this info I received from someone now operating his business in Malaysia.
Wan
Mar 5, 2013 03:31
  • CHERRY07
Some doctors have other ways to make money. They have a deal with some pharmaceutical factories. If he/she give their medicine to the patients, he/she will be paid by the pharmaceutical factories.
Mar 7, 2013 15:55
  • WANHU
Now, medical has become a lucrative industry for people to gain profits instead of helping others (with minimum profits) especially private hospitals.
Wan
Mar 26, 2013 02:40
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Now, medical has become a lucrative industry for people to gain profits instead of helping others (with minimum profits) especially private hospitals.
Wan

Sometimes, the doctors will prescribe some medicine that are not sold at the hospital. They just tell you where you can buy the medicine. It's another secret.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Christmas Cakes!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code