Menu
Attitude Decides Everything
Dec 13, 2012 09:26
When I was graduated from university, I thought that I should get a high-paid job because of my English. When I worked in a company, I thought that I should get my boss’ attention and he should give me more chances and unfortunately no. that time I thought I was an unlucky person and I wanted to go back to school to make a higher degree like Master and then people will paid more attention to me. But during this kind of messing up thinking, I started to look around the friends besides me and started to talk to the people, I found out that instead of complaining, they are trying to working hard and found more chances in the markets, some of them even jump up to another level. And then I started turning to mad about myself and later I even feel myself is a loser. After forget every good job I have done in my university and how good my English was, I started from zero. Step by step, I learned to use the printer, I learned to use the fax machine, when people is talking ,I started to listen and think, I cleaned my desk every day, I talked everyone my every little real feeling about the work. After 3 month, I started to have some orders and my boss started to ask me something. Later, there was a Japanese company give me an offer to work with them. After I became a freelance translator because of some reasons, and now I look back, I guess there is only one reason that I can step up and up and that is humble. Thank god for giving me this lesson right after I graduated from university. Attitude decides everything.

shenzhen interpreter/translator -- Michael Wong

www.microinterpreter.com
Dec 13, 2012 10:17
  • WANHU
Not only attitude, but we also need skills and knowledge. Understand our strengths and weaknesses and how to transform threats into opportunities.
Wan
Dec 13, 2012 12:04
  • COMMING
If in our relations and other attractions in life attitude decides everything. As it really means a lot to many/ infact all of us. As with a polite and positive behavior we can win the hearts of others an dcould finf a place for us everywhere in society.
Dec 14, 2012 21:16
Yes, of cause we know that we also need skills, knowleage and sometimes even luck ,but all before this, attitude is the key step.
Jan 1, 2013 11:08
  • WANHU
In management, ASK is inseparable, all are needed, and not also needed.
Wan
Jan 4, 2013 04:50
  • DAVIDLU
i don't think attitude is a key point. In fact , talent and good master of communication are also very important. We have to know which we can and which we can't. Someone is destined to be a musician, while others can not even you make more effort .And with good master of communications, we can get more help. But without a good health, those are all dreams. I think that is what WANHU means: understand our strengths and weaknesses
Feb 18, 2013 08:14
now I understand why there are lots of foreigners say China has no customer services. becuase we don't care about the attitude .
Feb 19, 2013 22:55
  • WANHU
You may be correct about attitude, Michael. Generalising it, is a little unfair, and may create preconceived conclusion without proper hypothesis.
Wan
Feb 27, 2013 09:17
Yes wan, but i guess you undersand my topic just want to say attitude is very important right?
Feb 27, 2013 14:08
  • WANHU
Sometimes we are being influenced by someone's opinion when he theorises if A-Z is equivalent to 1-26, then knowledge will be 97% and attitude will be 100%. Who decides that A-Z signifies 1-26 and what happens for those not using English (or Roman) alphabets? Knowledge doesn't mean things people obtained from their tertiary education alone.

Attitude, skills and knowledge are the three important elements for us to survive in this competitive world. Which of the the elements the most important? People differ. They have their own school of thought. One has the right what to opine. If attitude is the most important of the three, then how one concludes an attitude without knowledge? We also have good attitude, bad attitude, wrong attitude, which one way or another don't need knowledge. In managing change, for me, all three are important and inseparable.

Wan
Mar 4, 2013 14:02
  • MARK_81
Nice post there Wanhu! very thoughtful and very true in my humble opinion.
I work in advertising and have built myself up or pulled myself up in this very competitive industry by the laces of my own shoes. It has been very difficult to say the least. Many people ready to tear you down at every turn. A lot of sharks out there!! I had four elements which have always worked for me! A good “can-do” attitude, good personal skills, great knowledge and I would add to the list a strong sense of being hungry for it!

Mark

…Oh by the way thanks for all people who wrote in my inbox I know it’s been a while but I’m fine! I have been buried in work but all is well!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Attitude Decides Everything
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code