Menu
How to deal with the rapists?
Feb 28, 2013 10:38
  • WANHU
Violence won't solve anything, Marrymax but hatred and enmity. When we carry out the law, we understand that some are punitive while some are to educate. It's like cutting off fingers of diabetic patience, is it due to anger by the physician or they should be cut in order to save others? If a person should be killed according to the law (as an eye for an eye) then he should be killed if found guilty. Violence is something done outside the law.

In Malaysia, drugs trafficking is mandatory death for 15 grams of cocaine, and 200 grams of cannabis, and in Saudi and other Arab countries that enforces the Shariah Law, a thief may have his hand cut off by the authority if found guilty -- and these laws although to some classify them as barbaric but it's the law of the land. No one dares to steal? Absolutely not but at least it deters people from stealing or traffic drugs as in other countries.

Wan
Mar 5, 2013 02:42
  • MARRYMAX
Wan,

Isn't it violent to cut the thief's hands? When the thief decides to steal, he might think twice and risk of losing his hands to steal. Some people might give up the idea of stealing.

We can cut off the thief's hands. Why can't we emasculate the rapists? If we don't punish those rapists, how could we face the victims and her family? Tell her that we should not use violence to punish the rapists? It's unfair.
Mar 5, 2013 11:24
  • WANHU
Dear Marrymax, what you said is correct, but I'm looking at the societal interpretations and the points of law stipulated, where violence is forcing upon others outside the boundaries of laws, such as cutting of fingers by surgeons on diabetic patients is not considered as an act of violence (and not taking laws into own hands). But if you look as violence as the use of physical force threatened against a person or persons that may result with injury, death, psychological harm, etc. which generally accepted by Unesco, then it is confined not only within but also outside the folds of laws.
Wan
Mar 5, 2013 20:28
  • MARRYMAX
Wan,

This morning, I saw a thief stealing a man on the street. I was on the bus and couldn't warn the man. You know how we treat the thief even they are caught? The police criticize them if they did it for the frist time and then let them go.

In my view, all thiefs should be punished seriously. Those who dare steal from others should have their hands cut off and have a tattoo 'I am a thief' on their face.
Mar 6, 2013 02:33
  • WANHU
At one time, a man asked me about my view on Saudi's law of cutting off hands for the thief, and he said it's barbaric. I told him I have no view as every country has its own set of law. But I made him to think about the barbaric law for the barbaric people. About death sentence for the rapist. Because good people won't steal nor rape.
Wan
Mar 7, 2013 03:07
  • MARRYMAX
Yes, bad people deserve severe punishments. They have to pay for what they have done.
Mar 7, 2013 16:19
  • WANHU
Punishment also to deter others from committing the offence.
Wan
Mar 26, 2013 02:11
  • MARRYMAX
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Punishment also to deter others from committing the offence.
Wan

Wan,

Today I read another crazy report. Last December, a girl went to join a birthday party of her friend. There she got to know a boy. Then they had sex near a pool. After that, the boy called another two boys and they had sex with the girl too. Later, another 19 boys were called to come. In all, 17 boys had sex with the girl.

When the girl came home, her parents noticed that she bled badly. They reported to the police. So far, seven boys have reported themselves to the police. But the local police said that there were not 17 boys who had sex with the girl. According to them, 9 condoms were found at the scene.

The report doesn't say whether the girl had sex with them willingly or not. If she was raped, how should we punish them?

PS: It is said that many of them are students.
Mar 28, 2013 02:06
  • WANHU
In my country, having sex with a minor whether with consent or otherwise is constituted as rape and punishable by caning or prison or both upon conviction. Even wearing condoms, using DNA we can trace the culprits.
Wan
Apr 12, 2013 02:03
  • MARRYMAX
Yes, the criminal will be captured if we'd like to do our best to hunt them. Except the college girl who was raped, there are many other girls who have been raped. You know how Chinese medium named NEWDELHI? City of Rape. If the local police become more responsible, there won't be so many victims.

Not long ago, I read that someone inventors developed GPS underwear for women to combat sexual assaults. It is called Society Harnessing Equipment. The device will automatically work if the girl is assaulted. But I have a question "How many Indian girls are capable of buying it? What about those poor girls in the slums?"
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to deal with the rapists?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code