Menu
How to deal with the rapists?
Apr 16, 2013 13:50
  • WANHU
Dear Marrymax, I don't really know how this equipment works. If it is like a car alarm then you see passers-by don't really respond to its sound. SHE will alert both parents and the police of the wearer is assaulted but then again like the bank alarms that connect direct to the police station, still the response is slow, and still they can't solve the break-ins.

What we need are stiffer laws and good enforcement.

Wan
Apr 16, 2013 21:45
  • MARRYMAX
What we need are stiffer laws and good enforcement.

What should we do when there are no stiffer laws and good enforcement? Defend ourselves on our own. When the rapists are found, the public can decide how to punish them.
Apr 18, 2013 00:26
  • WANHU
If we are sure or caught them in the act, probably people may take cation but if based from "I think" we may be the cause of injustice. Two years ago a man was caught by the villagers after a girl accused him of rape and he was beaten and later died at the police station. A week later people found out he just came back from somewhere. The culprit was the girl's boyfriend, the girl had a miscarriage and when the mother saw the blood she lied to her that she was rape.

It was not easy to control the hysterical mob.

Wan
Apr 18, 2013 04:25
  • MARRYMAX
Wan,

If the girl can fool her mothers and the public, she can fool the judges too. The courts judge and punish people according to the laws. And they make mistakes too.
Apr 19, 2013 22:12
  • WANHU
Now we have medical report(s) dear Marrymax. The police just won't simply accept reports without checking. In rape cases, the victim will be immediately sent to the hospital for thorough check-up, and for DNA tests for both the suspect(s) and the victim. There are a few cases the so-called victims were sent to correction school as they were under 18 years of age, for wrong accusations as well as their unbecoming conduct.
Wan
Apr 22, 2013 22:46
  • MARRYMAX
Wan,

It's good that high technology is applied. But there are some bad judges and police who don't make judges objectively.
Apr 23, 2013 00:13
  • WANHU
Well, I have no say about bad judges. The police may prosecute but they are not judges. Most court judgements are well documented for judicial reviews.
Wan
Apr 25, 2013 22:02
  • MARRYMAX
It seems that we can't reach an agreement on this. To me, some crimes can be forgivable but some others should be seriously dealt with. Some people who commit serious crimes (rape is included) regret at the court. It's too late. You cause deep hurt to the victims and their families and then you should be punished. Forgiveness is denied.
Apr 27, 2013 07:23
  • WANHU
It's not about disagreement but rather the point of order and views. If you look at my posts, none was mentioned about forgiveness. A crime is a crime and should be dealt with seriously, especially on serious cases. To punish the culprit(s) we have to assure we have the right person beyond reasonable doubt, and not just mere accusations.

Injustice is everywhere, even in countries that teach and practise democracy and freedom of speech. Justice is not only said but seen to be done. Judges are humans and they too like apples. A few of them are bad but it is gross injustice for me to label them all bad. The law enforcement too. We should strive for continuous improvements in everything, including ourselves.

Some people may opine, in order to change the people need to change the government and its system but that would encroach into the rights of certain countries to choose their system of government. In my country we have parliament but in China it has CWC, to deliberate rules of laws.

Wan
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to deal with the rapists?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code