Menu
What do you care about most when you choose a travel agency?
Dec 31, 2012 01:32
  • MARRYMAX
Voting without time limit
Multiple Vote
  1. 222 vote(s)
  2. 101 vote(s)
  3. 97 vote(s)
  4. 45 vote(s)
  5. 56 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Compared with backpacking, group tours arrangements have some advantages. You don't have to worry about getting lost in a strange city because drivers drive you between the tourist sites. You don't have to worry about meals and accommodation because the travel agency makes arrangements for you. When you arrive at the tourist site, the tour guides explain everything to you.

All these things sound very nice, right? Yes, all you should do is choose a good agent and pay them money. When you choose an agent, what do you care about most?
Last edited by MARRYMAX: Dec 31, 2012 01:46
Jan 2, 2013 01:29
  • RAINDROP
I think reputation stands for good service, itinerary and resonable price as well.
Jan 3, 2013 12:28
  • DAVEC
You missed out an option.... I dont use travel agent, I do everything myself. With the internet it is so much easier now
Jan 4, 2013 00:23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

You missed out an option.... I dont use travel agent, I do everything myself. With the internet it is so much easier now

Dave,

I prefer to arrange my own itinerary too. However, not all of the people who have patience like us. Sitting in front of the computer and reading at least ten or twenty reviews or travelogues written by other travelers is not easy.

Some people do love group tours. Maybe, convenient transportation, easy accommodation and arranged meals sound nice to them.

If all the people do their travels in person, the travel agencies will disappear.
Jan 8, 2013 12:33
  • WANHU
I don't use travel agent either except for a few occasions where using agent(s) is obligatory. China and Thailand almost share the same modus operandi, guides profit both from tips as well as from commission from business establishments.
Wan
Jan 8, 2013 20:59
Wanhu,

Maybe, Dave or other travelers from other countries can tell us if they run the same modus operandi.
Jan 12, 2013 11:21
  • WANHU
Lonely, I have been around. In Saudi, giving tips is discouraged as it is written in both English and Arabic and displayed prominently on the dashboard of the bus. In one of my excursions, we joined a tour bus to Inverness, Scotland, we paid as stipulated on the tickets and no tips were requested. Most of the time I travelled on my own, even in China.
Wan
Jan 12, 2013 21:47
Wan,

Actually, there are no obvious signs in China which ask the travellers to give tips to the tour guides. It's a "hidden rule". On the other hand, foreigners have been used to give tips in their countries.

Personally, I think that tips shouldn't be given randomly. It's a kind of reward. Good service deserve tips. Unfortunatley, some tour guides are unhappy and don't serve you well if they don't get the tips.
Jan 18, 2013 01:54
It all about a feeling that what you feel about the tour guide.
Some guides from bigger company with good reputation can be arrogant.
Some guides who are not well-known do a good job.

So it all depends.
No absolute rule or standard there.
Last edited by JULIANNANEWTIME: Jan 18, 2013 01:55
Jan 21, 2013 02:22
  • DELLHOG
I think reputation and guide are good services. Any person also can use web behind travel agent for this. There are many services provide by them.
Jan 23, 2013 05:17
  • BRAXTON
hiiiii
I am composing a letter to a head out firm to dissent concerning my occasion excursion which was a fiasco from beginning to end. What will some be situations that I might have experienced throughout the trek? The tour aide might scarcely articulate english? The tour agenda was not timely? Flight delays? I require this for my English subject.

Much obliged ahead of time...
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you care about most when you choose a travel agency?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code