Menu
What do you think of the zebra crossings?
Jan 30, 2013 00:19
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I learnt my lesson, dear Raindrop. After that incident I'd try to cross the road/street in group.
Wan

You are clever, Wan. If the red light is on and people cross the road together, will you follow them?
Feb 2, 2013 23:09
  • WANHU
A good question, dear Raindrop. I will follow the people (crowd) if they follow the rules.
Wan
Feb 4, 2013 21:29
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

A good question, dear Raindrop. I will follow the people (crowd) if they follow the rules.
Wan

Wan, I saw an accident the day before yesterday. A bus ran fast in order to pull over at the bus stop. At the same time, a car squeezed into the same road and didn't slow down. The bus driver was irritated and ran head to head with the car. At last, the bus passed the car and stopped for a second. Apparently, the bus driver warned the car driver that he was faster.

As a result, the car driver was angry. He sped up and didn't slow down when he turned right. Suddenly, he hit a guy who rode an electric bike.

It was a pity that those two drivers didn't become F1 driver. Otherwise, they didn't need to compete on the ordinary road.
Feb 4, 2013 23:05
  • WANHU
What happened to those two speedsters?
Wan
Feb 5, 2013 21:06
  • BBQQ
Quote:

What happened to those two speedsters?
Wan

The bus driver left directly. The car driver hit a man who rode a motorcycle. I just got on the bus and saw him asking whether if the motorcycle rider was hurt.

If I were the car driver, I wouldn't have competed with the bus driver. The car is too small compared with the bus. Once the accident happens, the car might crash.
Feb 6, 2013 23:04
  • DAVIDLU
Too many accident of electrical motor cycle. I ever had conciliation at traffic police station. Within one hour, in one room, two accident of motorcycle. A truck smashed the legs of one woman driving motorcycle and her mother-in-law fainted twice in front of the policemen. CCTV-2 revealed the figure of traffic death is more than 50000 one year, two times bigger than that at America. While America owns 3 times vehicle more than America. Some expert says the traffic department focus more on imposing a fine.Besides, road quality is also widely suspected.
Feb 7, 2013 01:25
  • WANHU
During festive seasons, we always hear of accidents and death. In my hometown, the police will hid behind bushes to catch the speeding motorists with their speed camera so that they can record and send summonses. Road accidents still make a great death toll. Why not they stand at the roadside instead of hiding? I'm sure if these traffic police did that, motorists will definitely slow down.
Wan
Feb 7, 2013 03:04
  • DAVIDLU
Wanhu, it is same here at China the police use same way. I don't think you have an incorruptible govt. Sorry if you feel hurt me saying so. I was stop once when passing Airport Coustoms at Malaysia for bringing goods beyond duty exemption. He let me go after i slipped 200 MYR into his hand. I read news that one woman complained on Jan 7, 2013 that her father bought a car at June, 2011. On Jan 6,2013,the traffic department informed her that this car has 131 times of peccancy, 108 times took place at National Road 108. She asked the department why no one informed ahead so they can avoid. The police told her they don't have duty to inform. So this old man got a fine 13100RMB. I think maybe he will not drive anymore.
Feb 7, 2013 20:25
  • BBQQ
Why not they stand at the roadside instead of hiding? I'm sure if these traffic police did that, motorists will definitely slow down.

You are totally wrong, Wanhu. The drivers won't slow down if they don't see the traffic police. They hide and record their plate numbers and then they can increase their income. This is what some Chinese police do.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of the zebra crossings?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code