Menu
It’s not a matter of banana and apple.
Apr 16, 2013 14:45
  • WANHU
Official holidays that I enjoy will be 17 days and if these days fall on Sunday then we have longer holidays. My annual leave is another 35 days.
Wan
Apr 16, 2013 21:25
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Official holidays that I enjoy will be 17 days and if these days fall on Sunday then we have longer holidays. My annual leave is another 35 days.
Wan

I just have 11 official holidays and 5-day annual leave.
Apr 17, 2013 20:50
  • WANHU
Only 5 days? What can you do with 5 days?
Wan
Apr 25, 2013 22:23
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Only 5 days? What can you do with 5 days?
Wan

Well, I can visit some domestic places or have a good rest at home. I am lucky that my company allows me to spend my annual leave. Some companies find many excuses to stop their staff when they plead to spend their annual leaves. They don't tell the staff "No" directly because it is against the labor law.
May 1, 2013 05:12
  • WANHU
Yes, annual leave is a privilege and not a right. If I can't finish my annual leave, I can carry forward for next year or for a golden handshake. Every thirty days of unspent annual leave, an employee can get one month last paid salary complete with other allowances. Government employees are allowed to keep their unspent annual leaves for 5 months. When he retires, the same day he will be paid this golden handshake besides gratuity.
Wan
May 4, 2013 03:01
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

In many Chinese companies, your annual leaves will be void if you can't spend it.
May 12, 2013 19:00
  • WANHU
I am fortunate then.
Wan
May 12, 2013 21:24
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

I am fortunate then.
Wan

Wan,

Having talked too much with you, I just feel that your country have better social welfare system than China.
May 14, 2013 09:02
  • WANHU
Every country has its ups and downs. To look at the positive side, why many foreigners thronged Mainland China? Perhaps you can visit Malaysia and see our political, economic and social scenarios. Malaysia is a small country, with low income but life is not as expensive as in China. You can still find free hot water in many food stalls.
Wan
May 15, 2013 03:15
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

As a Chinese old saying goes, 外国的月亮比中国圆. It means "The moon seen in foreign countries is much rounder than that in China." The fact is that we see the same moon from everywhere in the world.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: It’s not a matter of banana and apple.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code