Menu
What is the best efficient way to choose your favorite interpreter?
Jan 20, 2013 11:19
What is the best efficient way to choose your favorite interpreter?
1. Check all the pictures possible of the interpreters who you are viewing. The experience photoshot is the most convincing proof that how active are the interpreter. And this is normally is involved with some description.

2. Check her comments from their clients. And view their client's quotation frequency and feedback.

3. Give him/her a direct call to talk by voice. The voice would be the first impression to show the interpreter's real oral level of English/Other language speakking.

4. See how are your communication process goes. A good exprience skilled interpreter will show every answer to each question that you asked and is very good in organization.

5. See whether you can keep commuication in a comfortable and harmonious atmosphere.

You will for sure find your favorite interpreter that you will enjoy to be work and hung out with.

Jan 23, 2013 21:07
  • WANHU
Many an interpreter provides good resume and testimonials but always a letdown and later becomes more like a secretariat by taking notes, even those graduated with English major. Also depends to an individual's need(s). Thus it is indeed better to give a tinkle and then decide.
Wan
Jan 23, 2013 23:17
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Many an interpreter provides good resume and testimonials but always a letdown and later becomes more like a secretariat by taking notes, even those graduated with English major. Also depends to an individual's need(s). Thus it is indeed better to give a tinkle and then decide.
Wan

Its really true. So its better to give a ring and talk in real and then decide. Real talking is the most convincing proof that hows the interpreter's real skills.

Jan 24, 2013 21:57
  • WANHU
I understand there are a lot of professional interpreters in China for business products and factory visits, but there are other things to explore too, such as setting up public libraries and resource centres. a new area for business interpreters. Or academic meeting on defense technology. Is it not?
Wan
Jan 25, 2013 07:33
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I understand there are a lot of professional interpreters in China for business products and factory visits, but there are other things to explore too, such as setting up public libraries and resource centres. a new area for business interpreters. Or academic meeting on defense technology. Is it not?
Wan

Your idea sounds very nice. Maybe we can do that.
Personally I am very intrested in academic meetings.
Jan 25, 2013 22:15
  • WANHU
From your profile, you're in Shandong, while my areas are only around southern parts, especially around Guangdong Province and Xianggang. Only occasionally to Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai. We have set up one Malaysia Resource Centre at BFSU. Although most meetings are not official or semi-official, but still I consider them as academic discourse.
Wan
Jan 29, 2013 00:30
  • RAINDROP
academic discourse needs professional interpreters. Those trade or tour guides are incapable of taking this kind of job.
Jan 29, 2013 00:42
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

From your profile, you're in Shandong, while my areas are only around southern parts, especially around Guangdong Province and Xianggang. Only occasionally to Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai. We have set up one Malaysia Resource Centre at BFSU. Although most meetings are not official or semi-official, but still I consider them as academic discour...

Yes I am located in Shandong. Yes I am available to travel if there is a good agreement.
Pls exchange mail per gmail.com|julianna.hkci
I have malaysia friends whos in Qingdao for port construction administration.
For me currently, I prefer more official and serious discourse rather than tour guide issue.
Jan 29, 2013 00:50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

academic discourse needs professional interpreters. Those trade or tour guides are incapable of taking this kind of job.

Sure. Your idea that academic discourse needs professional interpreters is totally agreed. However the idea that"those trade or tour guides are incapable of taking this kind of job" needs more consideration.

To be capable or not capable to do something all depends on the individual. The expression way across the board is not convincing.

gmail.com|Juliannawang.aguilera
Last edited by JULIANNANEWTIME: Jan 29, 2013 00:51
Jan 29, 2013 22:43
I am graduated from university holding English-American Literature Degree. And I speak perfect English. I have 3 years working experience in big companies dealing mainly with international order issues. Now I have been doing Translation service business for 2 years.

Business adviser,
Sincerely,
Last edited by JULIANNANEWTIME: Jan 29, 2013 22:49
Feb 2, 2013 15:33
  • WANHU
How I wish I have that kind of qualification and experience. Now I am stuck with looking at a proposal on indexing stress index using EEG and 30 endnote references. And I need to view the previous studies on using human physiological signals to some applications related to stress and the methods of analysing EEG signals.
Wan
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the best efficient way to choose your favorite interpreter?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code