Menu
What is the best efficient way to choose your favorite interpreter?
Feb 19, 2013 02:05
Kindly and pleasantly accept with content.^^

Feb 19, 2013 22:15
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

Yes, that's why I ask you to give her a chance .

Dear Raindrop, it's really my pleasure to give everyone a chance especially when opportunity crosses my path. What I worry most is, with my poor English, against her high expectation, a not-so-academic discourse may turn to incoherent blabber, defeats the purpose.
Wan
Feb 19, 2013 22:23
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by JULIANNANEWTIME

Kindly and pleasantly accept with content.^^

Julianna, which area (district/city/province) do you cover?
Wan
Feb 20, 2013 12:10
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Julianna, which area (district/city/province) do you cover?
Wan

Dear Wanhu,
I cover Shandong Province and Shanghai Areas.
Feb 20, 2013 20:26
  • RAINDROP
Dear Wan,

Julian is willing to do it for you. She is eager to prove that she can do it. You don't have to think too much.
Feb 21, 2013 23:56
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop, It's not about thinking too much but rather I need to know the area she covers for her convenience. She covers Shandong and Shanghai, thus when opportunity knocks, definitely I will be happy to contact her. At the moment I have someone who does the interpreting for me, from Tianjin whom I treat like my own family. She understands my thoughts and thinking, and her travel is being paid by the Chancellery of the university while other expenses I would foot the bill(s) although she has her own salary. On weekends she would come to my house, and would discuss with my wife and I about her studies especially on her defense of Research Proposal which is scheduled on Feb 27th. Before teaching at a kindergarten, my wife formerly was a full-time housewife, thus she managed to further her studies in information management and did part time lecturing in information storage and retrieval studies. On March 7-17 I will be in Xianggang, Shenzhen and Guangzhou discussing about logistics which doesn't need a professional interpreter.
Wan
Feb 26, 2013 01:30
  • RAINDROP
It's ok, Wan. Just keep me posted if you hire her as your interpreter. I really want to hear your comments.
Feb 28, 2013 10:57
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop, usually I would comment about something good if he or she is known to people. If not to my expectation, then perhaps I would email where he/she can better him/herself in confidentiality. If Julianna is good I would recommend to others, if she's not then I would share with her how to improve so that she can do a better job, and my opinion and views are not absolute. Most universities, they have their own interpreters according to their faculties. Julianna is a professional interpreter and I am not sure if i could afford to appoint her as my interpreter. Maybe it's worth to try for one session (discussion) as colloquium and workshops, the organiser provides its own secretariat and rapporteur).
Wan
Mar 5, 2013 02:35
  • RAINDROP
Then you need to negotiate with her if you plan to hire this professional lady.
Mar 5, 2013 10:39
  • WANHU
Yes of course, dear Raindrop, when the chance arises. As I mentioned earlier somewhere, I will be in Guangdong (Shenzhen and Guangzhou) on March 7th-17th and will fly back to Kuala Lumpur from Bao'an jichang. On March 11-14 I'll be meeting with some Malaysian government pensioners in Shenzhen.
Wan
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the best efficient way to choose your favorite interpreter?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code