Menu
Fighting for diapers!!!
Jan 25, 2013 21:36
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
An auction was held in Ningbo on Jan. 23, 2013, which put products confiscated or stranded by customs for public auction. However, can you imagine those guys fought each other for diapers, and the auction was forced to suspend operations.

I am wondering diapers imported from overseas are in so much demand! Or are those "made in China" not safe for use?

Jan 25, 2013 22:04
  • WANHU
Gloomy, diapers are still diapers. Maybe they are so obsessed with brands.
Wan
Jan 25, 2013 22:19
  • WANHU
Maybe those diapers are for adults, and good adult diapers probably not easy to find.
Wan
Jan 26, 2013 20:40
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY View Post

An auction was held in Ningbo on Jan. 23, 2013, which put products confiscated or stranded by customs for public auction. However, can you imagine those guys fought each other for diapers, and the auction was forced to suspend operations.

I am wondering diapers imported from overseas are in so much demand! Or are those...

It's not due to the foreign brand but for it's low price tag of sciezed foreign items auction ed by the customs. Don't look down upon those aggressive men who look insane for the diaper, the biggest biz men in China and the modern commerce of China are mostly from Ningbo, Zheng Jiang province.
Jan 26, 2013 21:38
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Gloomy, diapers are still diapers. Maybe they are so obsessed with brands.
Wan

Wanhu, good brands have good reputation. They have done very much to maintain their reputation. Merries and huggies diapers are better than other brands. It has been proved by millions of Chinese moms.

I have a female friend who gave birth last year. When I visited her, she told me that I had to choose good diapers for my baby in future. She said she used Merries for her baby.

Wan, moms are not fools. They always give the best to their children. I told my female friend that I will learn from her when I have a baby.
Jan 28, 2013 11:19
  • WANHU
No doubt Jimmy that good diapers cost more. Just like people said, cars are cars, that able to ferry you from one place to an other, but it doesn't mean Bently and Cherry from China are the same.

When my first daughter came, we used Pampers which was marketed by P&G and Mothercare cloth diaper with disposable muslin fastener, intermittently. Pampers has been established since 1956 while Huggies was on market only from 1978. Later through research and comparative studies, we used PetPet brand from Thailand, which is cheaper than Pampers but lasted almost the same as pampers though quality may not be the same. Four diapers of PetPet at the cost of one Pampers diaper!

How about Huggies? It gives nappy rash to those having sensitive skin. You may browse through community.babycenter.com (for example) and meet some parents and share their parenting stories. Moms want to give the best within their ability, to their children, but expensive diapers do not always be good to some newborns.

Wan
Jan 29, 2013 00:27
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

According to my best friend who became a new mom recently, green pampers sold in China are the worst. She told me that she did learn many lessons from other moms on the internet. Most moms recommend Merries and Huggies to those mothers-to-be. However, these two brands are very expensive. Merries' NB90 for new born babies is sold CNY 155 to 169 per bag.

I have already made up my mind. In the future, I will use both Merries and home-made diapers. In daytime, home-made diapers are used. In the evening, Merries are used.

Do you know what are the home-made diapers? They are made of old pure cotton clothes and gauze masks. My mom told me that gauze masks are the best diapers. They are highly breathable.

Feb 2, 2013 12:08
  • WANHU
Correct Raindrop, cotton washable diapers are better than others, but people [refer disposable because they are not keen to wash. I used mothercare disposable plastic pants to cover those cotton washable diapers. There are many good brands but not all are suitable for everyone. Thus I said: diapers are diapers!
Wan
Feb 2, 2013 12:31
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Correct Raindrop, cotton washable diapers are better than others, but people [refer disposable because they are not keen to wash. I used mothercare disposable plastic pants to cover those cotton washable diapers. There are many good brands but not all are suitable for everyone. Thus I said: diapers are diapers!
Wan

Very true, Wanhu. The traditional home made cloth ones will be continued used on the newborns all the way down to the generations to come.
Feb 2, 2013 15:14
  • WANHU
I was thinking along that line too, Marrie.
Wan
Feb 4, 2013 23:51
  • RAINDROP
Wanhu,

cotton washable diapers are really good. But parents have to wash and sterilize them carefully. And many parents can't bear the smell of their babies' faeces. So they prefer to use disposable diapers.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Fighting for diapers!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code