Menu
Dry cured beef in Xian!
Jun 24, 2013 02:51
  • WANHU
Cherry, sometimes I treat them more than friends... almost like a family. I can feel their sincerity even when doing business with them. At one time I was hospitalised, and some of them couldn't hide their tears, supplicating with hope that I would recuperate faster.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:46
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

It's good to have them accompany you when you are ill. But I was told "Never do business with your friends". How did you deal with the relationship with them?
Jun 25, 2013 04:00
  • WANHU
business is business, either friends or not friends. I think doing business with friends is better as friends may provide more contacts for other friends and later become a nucleus of business entrepreneurs. We feel happy that the things may arrive as schedule and if any problem, friends won't hesitate to inform. Whom would you believe, a friend or a stranger? For me, I'd choose a friend anytime.

Recently I bought a multi-folding door with 12mm tempered glass for my front door about 2160mm x 3050mm. A friend helps me sending them to my address in Malaysia. I provide her a business too.

Wan
Jun 26, 2013 02:45
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I feel that the friends you talk about are your business partners. Sometimes your friendship is damaged if you can't handle the business relationship with your friends.
Jun 30, 2013 18:32
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry
I am not into business and perhaps never will. As old age is catching up, I just like to travel and make friends, observe and understand them, and sometimes to share information and resources. Like in any team building workshops you may have (perhaps) attended, ice-breaking is quite important to understand one's thought and behaviour.

If my friends want to import things from China, I may provide them some persons who are working in/with logistics that may be able to help them. Of course there are business people who want to rake maximum profit(s) but if I know this kind of person, I will always be careful and won't recommend to anyone but still he/she may remain as a friend.

For example I know one girl that used to help my friends sending things from Gaomi for the past one year. Then I met another person in Shenzhen that can offer better price and even by air, Gaomi-Shenzhen-Malaysia, about 20% cheaper. Then I told the girl that my two friends have found a cheaper logistic company and she may continue to assist if her company can offer the same price. But still we remain as friends, and whenever I visit China and if she's free, we have dinner with my friends and other family members.

Wan
Jun 30, 2013 22:59
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Are you sure that girl never complain about you privately? It's you made her lose 20% profit. Even she complains about you privately, she won't let you know. Why? You are the one that might bring her more potential customers.
Jul 7, 2013 01:31
  • WANHU
Well that's business with full of competitions. He company needs to toe the line and offer competitive price. 20% is a lot of money, dear Cherry. For every 25000 Yuan of shipping cost, my friend saves 5000 Yuan; that's more than one month salary.
Wan
Jul 7, 2013 21:45
  • CHERRY07
Yes, he saves 5000 yuan for himself. To your female friend, she loses 5000 yuan. It's for sure that she still profits from him. Otherwise, she will stop doing business with him.
Jul 10, 2013 17:41
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry, she's only an employee thus she doesn't lose anything. If other company can offer cheaper price why can't her company? I know one company in Fuyong (SZ) offers my friend for aircargo RMB14/kg but then when I sent the goods to that company, the manager decided to go by volume instead of by weight. Then I told my contact that is working in that company, it would our first and last and can't help her in business as other companies are offering us at the same price unconditional.
Wan
Jul 10, 2013 22:19
  • CHERRY07
Dear Wan,

I am not sure if her salary is connected with her performance/achievement. If so, she can draw a percentage from the orders she earns. Then she loses money too.

You are right. When you find a company that offers cheaper prices, her company has two choices, lowering the prices or stopping doing business with you. It's no wrong that you choose the lower prices But she might a little complaint in mind. A wise man/woman never speaks out even they have complaints. They know how to keep partnership. This time, you don't choose them. But it doesn't mean that you won't cooperate with them forever.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dry cured beef in Xian!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code