Menu
A British wife sues her husband for bigamy in China
Jun 17, 2013 14:03
  • WANHU
Writing books is not a lucrative income. Too fe people to read in Malaysia. We have readers but not that many that a publisher would enjoy publishing. One title only has 2000 copies. Book publishing is yet to be an industry in Malaysia. If I were to sell my low cost house for travelling, then coming back I would become a vagabond.

Probably after retirement, I would be writing an academic paper on China. Some of the students that I know, write something about the ten main minority ethnics in China that some of them sometimes claimed that they are Arabic descendants. But then too many bibliograpbhy to cover, and I don't know Chinese language. It's a real challenge for me. Besides my present contacts, perhaps some of my TCG friends would be able to assist.

Wan
Jun 17, 2013 22:06
  • BBQQ
Wan,

Academic books are different from those popular books. I am afraid that traditional paper books will disappear in the future. E books will replace paper books.
Aug 6, 2013 01:26
GUEST52071 China women always want to take people husband why? Isn't it in china there is no enough men for you? Why you, ms Luo want to disturb others family. Why you want to be a third party? My husband also been taken away by China Women who stay in HongKong for 7 years, her name is Liu jinfei, married women plus 1 kid. Why this type of china women likes to take people husband? Look likes in china and hongkong there is not many men for them. China women are hungry for Malaysian man. I hate and i cure those china women forever never be happy in their life.
Aug 6, 2013 09:35
  • GRIZ326
Women play by different rules than men do.

It was wife #1 who brought in the law.
Heaven only knows what wife #2 has up her sleeves.

There is a reason for the western saying, "Hell hath no fury as a woman's scorn." I'd be surprised if there is not a similar saying in China.

You girls are something! :)
Aug 10, 2013 18:16
  • WANHU
I'm not sure how English is taught in China, perhaps with less idioms.
Wan
Aug 12, 2013 21:39
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I'm not sure how English is taught in China, perhaps with less idioms.
Wan

Wan,

You are correct. I can't figure out what Griz' idiom means.
Sep 28, 2013 12:34
GUEST05212 What does anyone say about my situation? My husband of many years who was stationed in Shanghai set up home with a woman and told everyone they were married, never mentioning that he had a wife and children abroad. Now she has had a baby and though I want to get a settlement from him, he is dragging his feet and doing nothing while the solicitor is costing me all I have! I have not been to China to report him but wonder if I should see a lawyer there as it seems to be de facto bigamy. The problem is, if he got into trouble it could make my problems even bigger...
Sep 28, 2013 20:11
GUEST5963 GUEST05212,

What do you expect from him? Do you still hope that he can leave that Chinese girl and come back to you? Personally, I don't believe that he will come back to you.

If you want to end the relationship with him, go to China, find a lawyer and sue him to the court. Meanwhile, you should sue him to the court in your country and require for a divorce.

Why do you say "if he got into trouble, it could make my problems even bigger"?
Sep 29, 2013 17:01
GUEST05212 Thank you for your reply. I don't think he will leave that girl now that they have a baby but before this British case I did not think I could sue him in China because he had not married her, just living together as a couple and telling everyone they are married. Since reading about that I found maybe I could sue him in China based on de facto bigamy. However I would not be able to support our children here if he was arrested and had no income since he is still supporting us now..that's what I meant by making my problems even bigger.
Sep 29, 2013 21:04
GUEST5963 GUEST05212,

I think you'd better consult it with a Chinese lawyer who specializes in Chinese marriage with foreigners. If possible, you should talk to his Chinese wife and let her know your husband's real face.

We always think that it's difficult to do something. However, when you step out, you will find that it isn't as difficult as you think. If you don't want to continue with him, then find a Chinese lawyer and sue him to the court. Otherwise, you might find another way to let him leave his Chinese wife and come back to you.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A British wife sues her husband for bigamy in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code