Menu
Do not drink wine after eating durian!
Apr 10, 2013 22:15
  • CHERRY07
Durian is smelly but still favored by many people. Durian's special odor comes from the hydrogen sulfide that it contains. As a nerve agent, high density of hydrogen sulfide can cause damages to human's central nervous system, respiratory system, heart and other organs.

Last year, a report said a man who traveled to Thailand died after he ate many pieces of durian and rank some wine. High density of alcohol in human’s body can damage human’s central nervous system, circulation system, respiratory system and all organs.

If you drink wine after eating durian, you may risk of killing yourself. Of course, you will be safe if you don’t eat too many pieces of durian and drink much wine.

Apr 17, 2013 19:57
  • WANHU
Have you tried eating durian before?
Wan
Apr 18, 2013 04:02
  • CHERRY07
Seriously "Never", Wan. I can't stand up its odor. My uncle visited Macau last December. He brought me some durian candies during the Spring Festival Holidays. The candies are still on my desk.

Apr 22, 2013 14:26
  • WANHU
Candies are not the same as fresh ones. I can buy durians for those who want to eat but I never tasted them fresh, just don't have appetite.
Wan
Apr 23, 2013 02:03
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Candies are not the same as fresh ones. I can buy durians for those who want to eat but I never tasted them fresh, just don't have appetite.
Wan

I think the fresh ones are worse than the durian candies.
Apr 25, 2013 22:08
  • WANHU
It's not worse dear Cherry. Some people, especially the local Chinese, love durian bery much. Even some Taiwanese flew to Malaysia just to have fresh durian rather than tasting the imported Thai durian that are available at fruit shops and supermarkets.
Wan
Apr 25, 2013 22:45
  • CHERRY07
Fly to Malaysia for resh durians? These guys must be rich. I can find durians in the supermarkets but I don't know where they are from.
Apr 26, 2013 14:22
  • WANHU
Most of those durians are from Thailand. Malaysians rarely export durians.
Wan
May 4, 2013 01:54
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Most of those durians are from Thailand. Malaysians rarely export durians.
Wan

I see. Thank you, Wan. I went to the supermarket last weekend. The durian was sold at 11 RMB per 500 grams. Too expensive.
May 4, 2013 02:50
  • WANHU
Durians have many types and grades. Low grade durian sometimes you can buy RMB20 for a box of 10 pcs (about 20kg). Sometimes at the road stalls you can see: Eat all you can at RMB20. Some good grade like Musang King is sold at RMB60-80/kg inclusive of its thorny skin.
Wan
Jun 4, 2013 21:53
  • CHERRY07
Well, I didn't know whether the supermarket sells low-grade durians or top-grade ones. But I did see some imported fruits sold at so damn expensive price though they had been put there for long.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do not drink wine after eating durian!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code