Menu
Do not drink wine after eating durian!
Jun 15, 2013 19:55
  • WANHU
That can't be helped because imported goods are taxed heavily.
Wan
Jun 16, 2013 21:47
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

That can't be helped because imported goods are taxed heavily.
Wan

Agreed. That's why a camry is sold around 17000 USD in the US. But it is sold around 150000 RMB in China.
Jun 17, 2013 13:14
  • WANHU
and it is dearer in Malaysia with its sales and import taxes. Singapore sells more expensive than Malaysia as it wants to discourage people from using cars. But then public transport is better in Singapore than Malaysia.
Wan
Jun 17, 2013 22:28
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

The public transport is too bad in Xian. Thanks to urbanization, many people gain compensation from the real estate developers and government. They have money to buy cars. Then there are more and more private cars. By the way, many roads are blocked for building metro lines. It's really inconvenient!
Jun 24, 2013 02:43
  • WANHU
Well we have to be patient. Just like the Huaqiang Rd in Shenzhen, many main roads are closed to pave way for underground Metro. As you have never been to Malaysia, you can't comment on public transport. Locals here prefer to use their own transport rather than depending on public transport. I am told driving licence is expensive in China.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:53
  • CHERRY07
Since the new traffic law was implemented, it has become very difficult to gain a driver license. Some experienced drivers might not pass the exams. My friend who joined a training school told me that only 10 percent of the trainees could pass the exams.

On the other hand, the training cost is rising. It's about CNY 3000 in Xian. In fact, I am planning to learn driving. But I decided to wait. Money isn't a problem. I am just afraid that I fail to pass the exams.
Jun 25, 2013 03:52
  • WANHU
In Malaysia too. For complete training with D license (for car) will cost almost 1500 Yuan.
Wan
Jun 26, 2013 02:49
  • CHERRY07
CNY1500 is cheap, Wan. The tuition here is around CNY 3000. When learning to drive a car, you need to maintain a good relationship with your coach. Many coaches ask their students to buy cigarrettes or invite them for dinner. If you can't maintain a good relationship, the coach might make difficulties for you, for example, other people can practice for 15 minutes but you can only practice for 10 minutes.
Jun 30, 2013 11:30
  • WANHU
Here we call the driving instructors from the driving schools which have no final say. You pass or fail shall be determined by the testers of the Road and Transport Department where the results are based from your performance during driving tests.
Wan
Jul 1, 2013 21:23
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

The driving instructors here also don't have the final say. But he can decide whether you have time to practice driving. Thanks to the new traffic law, it has become too difficult to pass the driving exams. Even the examiners can't pull over the car accurately at the certain parking place.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do not drink wine after eating durian!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code