Menu
Airport trick 2
Apr 19, 2013 13:17
guest59250 Airport trick 2
Some criminal imagination has produced the latest airport trick: In the departure hall, you put your luggage on the conveyor-belt of the x-ray installation and want to stride through the metal detector. Now a man jumps the queue, making his way through the detector before you. He has all sorts of metal odds and ends in different pockets and must thus pass several times. When he is finally ready and you get through, an accomplice has long gone and taken your bag from the belt on the other side of the x-ray installation and vanished in the crowd. If possible, don’t put your stuff on the conveyor before you can follow. If you are travelling with someone else, let him or her go first to the other end and then put both of your luggage on the belt.
And do not put valuables into the boxes on the belt. Some courts have decided that there was not enough evidence that a precious chain with the family Hope diamond or that priceless platinum cigarette case was put in the box at all, if another passenger or even someone of the airport security team took it. Better put that $40,000 Cartier watch into your hand luggage or ask someone to witness where you placed it.
... from the new ebook "Surviving your Holidays - 1001 travel tips" in the ebooks-library.com. Read excerpts etc.

French printed book: Éditions Bachari, Paris.
Apr 19, 2013 22:06
  • WANHU
I think it won't happen in China as it has at least 2 layers of security, one the security check and two the immigration check. The airport police are always there to assist.

I lost my luggage once in Kunming on my arrival, and I alerted the airport security, and they check every passenger going out that the bag should coincide with boarding tag(s). I found my luggage back, that was put at the end of the arrival room.

Wan
Apr 22, 2013 22:54
GUESTLILY Well, the check-in is ok. But I almost lost my luggage when I arrived at Xian-Xianyang Airport. I took my baby girl so that I couldn't walk very quickly. My luggage arrived at the conveyor earilier than I. When I walked to the conveyor, I was worried because I didn't see my luggage. luckily, I finally found it on the belt. However, I saw nobody beside the conveyor. I think there should be a staff wo takes care of the passengers' luggage.
Apr 22, 2013 23:58
  • WANHU
That is normal, even in HK, as the airport has CCTV. Sometimes when we arrived late, the bags will be stationed not far away from the designated carousel conveyor belt.
Wan
Jun 10, 2013 05:35
  • GHOST
Guest 59250 gives some very good advice. I have seen many opportunities for thieves to walk off with other people's belongings (mobile phones, watches, laptops, handbags) at these x-ray machines in train stations and airports.

The security people do not watch your bags for you, and not all airports check luggage tags when you exit arrivals. Be aware. The only thing they can do is check their CCTV cameras after you find your things are missing and hope to catch the thief before they leave. Always try to keep an eye on your belongings when travelling - this can happen in any country.
Last edited by GHOST: Jun 10, 2013 05:38
Post a Reply to: Airport trick 2
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code