Menu
What do you think of people who wear glasses?
May 16, 2013 01:39
  • BBQQ
It is said that people who wear glasses are more intelligent but less attractive. But it depends on what kind of glasses you wear. The rimless glasses increase your perceived trustworthiness and do not decrease attractiveness.

Obviously, some of my high school classmates didn't think so. They laughed at my best friend who wore a pair of near-sighted glasses and called her 书呆子. It isn't a good word. 书呆子 (pedants) can't do nothing except for studying and reading.

May 20, 2013 17:02
  • WANHU
Glasses (or spectacles) are used to repair eyesight and nothing to do with intelligence. Full ream, half-ream, rimless are some of the choices we have. In the old days, the British aristocrats used spectacles that did not have arms, just put the frame on their nose.
Wan
May 21, 2013 01:29
  • CHERRY07

What glasses do you mean, near-sighted glasses, sun glasses or any other kind of glasses? I even saw some people who wear a pair of glasses without eyeglass.
May 21, 2013 03:49
  • WANHU
Glasses I believe beside plural of glass refers to spectacles i.e. lenses and frame. In the 'old' days, lenses are made from glass thus spectacles are called glasses although nowadays we can find both frame and lenses are made from plastic.

Some people wear expensive branded glasses that can fetch up to 6000 Yuan with renowned names such as TAG Heuer, Marc Jacobs, etc. I found the imitation of well branded frames not far from Ximenkou (Glass City), Guangzhou that cost less than @RMB400 (near five rams hotel).

Wan
May 21, 2013 21:32
  • RAINDROP
Cherry,

Near-sighted glasses make me believe that this guy is knowledgeable and hard-working. People who wear sun glasses look cool.
May 22, 2013 23:12
  • JETSETTER
In my opinion, women who wear glasses look very sexy. -“ϴ^ϴ”-
May 23, 2013 04:10
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by JETSETTER

In my opinion, women who wear glasses look very sexy. -“ϴ^ϴ”-

Sun glasses, near-sighted glasses or ...? More and more girls today choose to wear contact lenses. They don't think near-sighted glasses makes them sexy.

May 23, 2013 19:18
  • WANHU
Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Those wearing contact lenses need to understand the dos and the don'ts in wearing contact lenses, especially for dry eyes.
Wan
May 28, 2013 03:23
  • BBQQ
Wan,

I wear near-sighted glasses and I won't wear contact lenses. I have to face the computer four 8 hours at work. It's no good for my eyes if I wear contac lenses so long. Another reason is my eyes look small and strange after wearing near-sighted glasses for years.
May 30, 2013 16:44
  • WANHU
For me, I won't wear contact lenses too beause they may cause irritation and infevtion. Better use something that does not touch our eyes directly.
Wan
Jun 3, 2013 21:30
  • BBQQ
Yes, Wan. My eyes become sore after a day's work though I wear near-sighted glass. If I wore contact lenses, the situation could have been much worse.
Post a Reply to: What do you think of people who wear glasses?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code