Menu
Spicy Chinese people
Aug 5, 2013 12:37
  • WANHU
No wonder there are a lot of milk runners from Hong Kong to Shenzhen.
Wan
Aug 5, 2013 20:33
  • CHERRY07
Raindrop,

In fact, only several Chinese milk powder makers make use of the raw materials produced in China. Most other Chinese and foreign milk powder makers import raw materials from New Zealand and then reprocess raw materials into milk powder.

I am sure that you must have known "Fonterra Incident". The whey protein produced by Fonterra is provided to many Chinese and foreign milk powder makers. The latest news report says the whey protein produced by Fonterra contains botulinus. Fonterra has made a formal announcement, claiming that they will recall all the whey protein that contains botulinus. So far, eight milk powder makers have been reported to use Fonterra's whey protein to produce infant milk powder. Dumex, Abbott and Karicare are involved.

Abbott once required Fonterra not to disclose that they imported the problematic whey protein from Fonterra.
Nov 17, 2013 13:39
  • ARTHURCHEW
Has anyone tried curries? Although it may be spicy, it differs from Chongqing hotpot which is too oily
Nov 17, 2013 19:45
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTHURCHEW

Has anyone tried curries? Although it may be spicy, it differs from Chongqing hotpot which is too oily

Agreed! I ate hotpot the day before yesterday at home. I bought hotpot additives from the supermarket and prepared vegetables, meat balls and other dishes together with my roommate. It was delicious but the flavor is everywhere in the apartment and didn't disappear two days later.

I didn't know if there was something wrong with the hotpot additives or vegetables. I had loose stomach yesterday.

Sichuan styple spicy is totally different from Hunan or Shanxi styple spicy. You might try Hunan styple dishes such as Steamed Fish Head with Diced Hot Red Peppers. I know that most foreigners don't eat fish head but it really delicious.
Nov 23, 2013 23:19
  • WANHU
Actually big garouper or red snapper, its head is very delicious and rich in Omega 3.
Wan
Nov 24, 2013 21:24
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I thought that you didn't like fish head. Most foreigners don't eat it. What a pity! They miss a very delicious dish.
Nov 27, 2013 04:51
  • WANHU
In the government hospital there is no option tio choose. Anyway people go to the government hospital because the cost of treatment and medicine are cheap, only CNY2.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 21:47
  • CHERRY07
CNY 2 even can't cover the registered fee at Chinese hospital.
Nov 30, 2013 15:29
  • WANHU
Some friends in China never thought I'm a foreigner. Haha.
You should try fish head curry, it's very nice. I'd prefer marine or salt water fish, especially big red snapper or garoupa.
Wan
Dec 11, 2013 00:29
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

That's because they are familiar with you and you already assimilate in their community. Compared wth Fish Head Curry, I would rather try Duo Jiao Yu Tou. I can't get used to curry flavor. It tastes strange.

Fish Head Curry seems to be a very famous dish in Singapore. It's said that this dish was invented by an Indian.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Spicy Chinese people
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code