Menu
Spicy Chinese people
Jul 17, 2013 07:48
  • WANHU
Wyeth, a manufacturer is renowned with its S26 and SMA and formerly were imported from Britain.
Wan
Jul 18, 2013 02:46
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

Now Abbott and Wyeth have their own factories in Singapore. All Abbott and Wyeth milk powder sold in mainland China are made in Singapore. The formula is also different from that sold in the USA and Europe.
Jul 19, 2013 15:02
  • WANHU
You have keen eyes. Wyeth and Abbott have many factories everywhere in the world which are under license. Abbott is renowned for its pharmaceutical products.
Wan
Jul 21, 2013 21:36
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

I have also noticed that the milk powder in foreign countries are almost made by pharmaceutical companies. In China, they are made by food companies. Milk powder is a special food for babies. So I think that it's better to let those pharmaceutical companies to produce milk powder.
Jul 22, 2013 03:38
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop
Producing baby formula milk powder is not the same as producing milk powder for adults. It needs research thus most pharmaceutical companies have the research facilities. Other renowned establishments although not pharmaceutical based, do produce both baby milk formula, such as Nestle.
Wan
Jul 30, 2013 22:39
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

The food safety regulations are looser those in the developped countries. After the 2008 milk scandle, I've lost my confidence in Chinese baby milk powder brands.

PS: I just drink Nestle instant coffee but never taste Nestle infant milk powder. Nestle has its own pastureland in Heilongjiang.
Jul 31, 2013 10:50
  • WANHU
I can understand dear Raindrop of the infamous Sanlu incident. Anyway I don't work for any money generating companies but it is good to share the truth. I think Nestle is considered one of the reliable companies in the world. It has many branches all over the world.
Wan
Jul 31, 2013 21:55
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

Even those famous foreign brands had notorious accidents. However, its quality is better than those Chinese brands. I don't know where Chinese milk companies get milk to make baby milk powder. But those foreign brands claim that they import all raw materials abroad.
Aug 4, 2013 12:33
  • WANHU
Why import when they can have raw materials locally?
Wan
Aug 5, 2013 01:27
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

Milk powder is made from milk. Chinese milk quality is notorious. If the raw material's quality is too bad, how can we ensure the milk powder's quality.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Spicy Chinese people
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code