Menu
Two debates on peaches and scrambled eggs with tomato!
Jul 30, 2013 20:28
  • CHERRY07
Debate 1:

When you eat peaches, do you peel them?

The northern and southern Chinese people have discussed on whether the peaches should be peeled before eating. The northern people prefer to eat peaches without peeling the skin. However, most southern people peel the skin of the peaches and then eat them.

To peel or not to peel, it's a question.

Last edited by CHERRY07: Jul 30, 2013 20:39
Jul 30, 2013 20:38
  • CHERRY07
To cook Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, some people prefer to add some sugar to enhance its taste. However, a girl complained that her boyfriend adds sugar every time when he cooks this dish. She couldn't bear sweet scrambled eggs with tomato any more.

Generally speaking, southern Chinese people prefer to eat sweet food. Northern people prefer to eat salty food. I am a northern Chinese. I add sugar every time when I cook it. It tastes better. You know, the tomato tastes a bit sour. When you cook this dish, you just add salt, pepper powder and some sugar. If you don't add sugar, the tomato's sour taste still exists when it is done.

PS: My parents used to cook a cold dish for me when I was young. She just cut the tomatos into pieces, spread enough sugar on the surface and wait for 15 to 30 minutes. Then it's done. I had it many times. The tomato pieces tasted very well. The sweet tomato juice tasted much better.

If we make cold sweet tomato pieces, why can't we add sugar when we make scrambled eggs with tomato?

Jul 31, 2013 12:53
  • WANHU
To peal or not to peel? It's a question.
Haha, you sound like Shakespeare. For me nothing to debate. Just eat however one likes. Almost every fruit has its own original sugar.
Wan
Jul 31, 2013 20:50
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Actually, I just know only this quote from Shakespeare. I eat peaches without peeling the skin. I usually put peaches in salty water for 30 to 40 minutes to get rid of pesticide residue. Then I use soft bristled brush to get rid of the fuzz. It's ok.

Those who peel peaches are either afraid of pesticide residue or alergic to the fuzz. Peaches and apples should be eaten without peeling the skin, according to the nutritionist. The skin contains nutrients.
Post a Reply to: Two debates on peaches and scrambled eggs with tomato!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code