Menu
Frankenburger with cloned beef, do you want to try it?
Jul 30, 2013 21:04
  • CHERRY07
Cloned beef has been made by a Dutch scientist. He first extracts stem cells from a cow’s tissues and grows them into muscle tissues. Then he grinds muscle tissues and mixes it with artificial animal fat to produce cloned beef used to make burgers. It’s said that the cloned beef (just 140 grams) costs 250000 pounds (around 2.35 million RMB). Too expensive! The one who donates money for this project is said to the first diner.

According to the scientist, it takes around six weeks to grow the steer’s stem cells into cloned beef. It can be put in the market in 5 or ten years. Currently, we use more than 70% of our agriculture capacity to grow meat from livestock. If we don’t figure out another way, we won’t afford to eat meat in the future.

In fact, we have already eaten many GM vegetables though the cloned beef sounds unfamiliar to us. If you had a chance to taste the cloned beef, would you give it a try?

Jul 31, 2013 12:46
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry
Why pay exorbitantly for cloned and artificial ones, while we have cheap fresh and healthy original ones? Even if it's cheaper, I won't consume artificial food.
Wan
Jul 31, 2013 21:07
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I think we will need cloned beef burgers in the future. I don't know the situation in your country. According to a report I read before, there are not enough steers that can be provided to meet all Chinese people's needs. That's why some businessmen cheat their customers by providing pork and other meat to replace beef.
Aug 6, 2013 00:54
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

According to those who tasted cloned beef, the cloned beef tastes distasteful. It tasted like beef but a bit different. No fat is found in the cloned beef. So we can't see it becomes juicy when being fried.

Aug 6, 2013 12:36
  • WANHU
Tempering with the nature... Perhaps the same thinking of certain people by adding melamine to the milk hoping to get more protein contents.
Wan
Aug 6, 2013 21:11
  • CHERRY07
I didn't taste this expensive burger.Thanks to the advanced techonology, we might consume cloned meat in the future.
Aug 10, 2013 17:47
  • WANHU
Maybe in China but definitely not in Malaysia as we prefer natural products. Furthermore, why should one pay so high for something artificial while we can have something natural and cheap? Sometimes it is unfortunate that China has not enough supply of beef that it has to resort to declaring pork as beef.
Wan
Aug 12, 2013 21:50
  • CHERRY07
Sometimes it is unfortunate that China has not enough supply of beef that it has to resort to declaring pork as beef.

Except for the short supply of beef, the sellers are dishonest. They are lack of morality. They do everything as long as they can make money.
Aug 31, 2013 23:28
  • WANHU
but I saw there are beef and mutton along the narrow streets in Xi'an.
Wan
Sep 4, 2013 04:38
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Beef or mutton sold by Muslims are mostly genuine. If not, they might be made from pork and other kinds of meat. I am pretty sure that you don't know there is a kind of substance that can change pork to beef (not only in the appearance but also its taste).
Sep 20, 2013 19:57
  • WANHU
They use flavour. Just like vegetarians using flavours for their soya products.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Frankenburger with cloned beef, do you want to try it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code