Menu
Is it ok to hang the thief on the wall?
Aug 26, 2013 02:55
  • MARRYMAX
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 6 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A thief was caught hung on the wall for five hours in a community in Wuhan. According to the property management company, the burglaries have occurred frequently in the community. They hung the thief on the wall as a warning to other thieves.

Do you think it’s ok to hang the thief on the wall? Why are there many burglaries? The incapable property management company hires incapable security men. If they are responsible, the thieves shouldn’t have been caught in the community.  

Aug 26, 2013 22:44
  • WANHU
Most of the time, people always blame on security than thieves and burglars. Sometimes I'd like to see, with certain amount of property stolen, the hand will be chopped off as a deterrent factor.
Wan
Aug 26, 2013 23:01
  • RAINDROP
I'd like to hear the opinions from the people living in the community. The property management company and the security men hired should think twice if they fulfill their responsibility.
Sep 14, 2013 18:22
  • NOBODY
Well, I do think that it's better than chopping someone's hand off. Public humiliation can be a very powerful weapon, but sometimes I would try to take a look why he has to be a burglar..
Sep 15, 2013 01:33
  • CHERRY07
He has no excuse to be a thief. No one forces him to be a thief. It's his choice.
Sep 15, 2013 09:22
  • NOBODY
What would you do if your wife/husband and children starving? You don't have a job and no other means of getting money? Of course the government or others can't save you every time. But there should be a collective caring about others. Places where either people can get jobs or get help.
Sep 16, 2013 01:31
  • CHERRY07
Nobody, he can beg for some food for his children if he has. A beggar is better than a thief.
Sep 16, 2013 10:45
  • NOBODY
Ha, have you noticed how many beggars are treated in China? Many just go away etc. because they are afraid that the beggar "belongs" to a gang that will take the money away from him/her.
I know that if my daughter would be starving, of course I would probably beg first, but if I have to.. I would steal.
Sep 21, 2013 21:02
  • CHERRY07
Even they know they are professional beggars, some people still give money to them.

I have no doubt that you will do everything for your daughter.
Sep 23, 2013 07:08
  • NOBODY
Do people really know that the beggar is in one of these "gangs" or do they think? I noticed that in China (and other countries) many people say KNOW if they actually should say THINK
Sep 23, 2013 21:44
  • CHERRY07
Nobody,

Yes, it should be THNK in most cases. However, I do know some professional beggars. They pretend to be backpack tourists and sit down in front of some shopping malls or on the overpass. I have seen two many times at the same place when I pass by. The pretended backpack tourists just put a piece of paper in front of them but say nothing. If you look at the paper, you will find "I am from XXX. I lost my wallet and have no money to buy the train tickets to return home. Any warm-hearted people can borrow me some money to buy the train tickets, please."

It's said that they can earn around CNY 300 to 400 per day. What a nice work!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it ok to hang the thief on the wall?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code