Menu
What’s your impression on Chinese tourists?
Sep 29, 2013 01:50
  • BBQQ
I started this thread because of an article published on the website of the People’s Daily. According to the article, Chinese tourists are included in the list of the Most Unwelcome Tourists in the World”. In the article, the author lists some uncivil behaviors of the Chinese tourists, such as:

1. They refuse to give tips to the tour guides and servants in the hotel.
2. They prefer to jump the queue.
3. They spend much time taking photos. It’s said that two Chinese couples have taken much time to take portraits in front of the Palais de Versailles. A group of British tourists who want to take pictures at the same location finally leave after waiting for too long.
4. They don’t mute the sound of their mobile phones when enjoying the performances.
5. They talk very loudly in public and don’t care about others.
………………..

Have you met some Chinese tourists in your country? What’s your impression on them?
Oct 1, 2013 23:06
  • WANHU
Out of five, I may agree with numbers 2 and 5.
Wan
Oct 8, 2013 03:41
  • SUNNYDREAM
I have two more:
1. They play music in their mobile phones loudly on the buses. I hate these people.
2. They spit or dump garbage randomly.
Oct 11, 2013 00:09
  • EUPHORICA
Being as a Chinese, I believed that these are happening everywhere not just the Chinese people. If you were talking about China's Chinese that probably make some sense. The influence of the brought up is there..

As for Chinese from different country, this you might probably want to rethink as they grew up in a differently country and culture style.
Oct 11, 2013 18:27
  • NOBODY
I met Chinese tourists in 2-3 countries around the world and I have to say that I noticed 2,3,4,5 (and both SUNNYDREAM mentioned) But taking pictures is not exactly a problem for me, but they jump around in front of the sight and others don't have time to enjoy it without seeing someone's Head.
And the two, SUNNYDREAM, wrote I also noticed with other nationalities.
Oct 12, 2013 22:03
  • SUNNYDREAM
Nobody,

I don't know if you saw Chinese tourists spitting randomly. I have seen too many Chinese people spitting out of the window when they are on the buses. It's very disgusting.
Oct 13, 2013 18:53
  • NOBODY
Oh yeah, spitting.. but others do the same (Turkish people)
I still think it's disgusting but not as bad as letting the child (not baby) pulling it's trousers down and urinate or defecate inside buildings or on the sidewalk. Now that's something I can get riled up about.
Oct 13, 2013 21:01
  • SUNNYDREAM
Nobody,

It's really disgusting to urinate or defecate in public. But some people might not do it intentionally.

I went to visit the Yellow Mountain by bus in 2011. There was a little boy (probably 2 years old) who was accompanied by his parents. You know, it took around 3.5 hours from Hefei to Yellow Moutain by bus. The little boy didn't go to the toilet when the bus stopped. But he told his parents he wanted to defecate 30 minutes later. The bus couldn't stop randomly on the highway. The boy couldn't wait to the next rest area.

As a result, the boy defecate on the bus. Some passengers were angry and quarreled with the boy's parents. The boy was so frightened that he cried loudly. His parents apologized but two passengers didn't accept their apology and asked them to get off the bus. The boy's parents were irritated. The dad said "He is just a little boy. You were a little boy once. If you were him, would you control yourself?" The two passengers shut up. The dad bought a largebag and cleaned the floor when the bus arrived at the next rest area.
Oct 24, 2013 19:07
  • NOBODY
SUNNYDREAM,

as I said, Children and not babies. Many westerners also can do it without having to resort to so drastic methods and letting the baby "do it" on the bus, It will smell the whole bus full and it's very dirty. But we often still use diapers for babies and toddlers. Even if they actually don't need them anymore, but for a long bus ride or similar situation many still let the baby wear a diaper. which is also not the best solution (it still will be smelly) but not as much as if they would let the child do it somewhere on the bus
Oct 27, 2013 21:13
  • SUNNYDREAM
Nobody,

I am sure that the parents also didn't want their boy shit on the bus. However, the driver couldn't stop the bus and the parents don't have diapers with them. Then the boy did it on the bus.

You are right. Diapers should have been carried with the parents. I did remember that the parents asked the boy if he wanted to go to the toilet when the bus passed by the toll gate. There is a toilet near the toll gate. The driver reminded the passengers that they could go to the toilet when he stopped. The parents believed their son's words and didn't let their son ease himself inside the toilet.

Well, I don't think that the boy should be blamed. You know, two years old kid is not old enough to make him clearly understood by others.
Oct 30, 2013 03:55
  • NOBODY
Sunnydream
I have a daughter of almost 2 years of age and we every time bring diapers. I'm not saying that we should blame the boy, but the parents can be blamed and I think that we should understand the other people on the bus who will have to endure the smell
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What’s your impression on Chinese tourists?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code