Menu
Do you like public display of affection?
Oct 31, 2013 01:53
  • JANE01
I burst into laughter when I read this. A college boy uses roses and candles to create a very romantic atmosphere and then confesses his love to the girl he loves. The girl and her roommates just pour a basin of water over his head and throw the basin at him. The bystanders are shocked when the boy turns wet. The boy froze there with roses and candles scattering on the ground.

What a pity! If somebody confessed his love to me like the boy when I was in college, I would accept his confession immediately.

Why did the girl decline his confession so rudely? I guess that she didn’t like public display of affection. The bystanders and the boy made her feel very uncomfortable. Because of them, all girls in the dorms were disturbed. Besides, the girl might be warned or punished by the caretakers. Another possibility is that girl didn’t have feelings for him. His action irritated her very much.

Flowers and love letters are two most frequently tricks used by boys when they pay court to their dream girls. Sometimes, they don’t work. That college boy prepared roses and candles but was declined rudely by the girl. Another boy spent 212 days composing a 160000 word love letter and sent it to his dream girl. The girl was deeply touched but declined his love.

Except for the reason that these two girls don’t love their admirers, there is another possible reason: these two girls can’t get used to public display of affection. Will public display of affection cause psychological pressure?

According to the survey, around 50 percent of the participants say “Yes, seriously.” while 13 percent say “No”. Another 37 percent say “Yes, but I am not bothered very much.”
Oct 31, 2013 01:53
  • JANE01
I personally wish to experience public display of affection. But I will be bashful if someone does it to me. What about you?
Nov 13, 2013 17:38
  • GAFFER
I'm a loawai married to a Chinese lady living in China. Being a tactile person it is natural for me to show her affection and she appreciates it and reciprocates.....in private. If I was to kiss her in public she would die of embarrassment.
Nov 13, 2013 20:40
  • JIMMYB
Jane, don't feel embarrassed. I have seen many open lovers kiss and hug at the bus station. I almost see a boy and a girl every day at the bus station. The girl put her arms on the boy's neck and then they two start to kiss each other. They never care about others. Many of other passengers just turn around to avoid looking at them. You know what I feel? I really want to tell them ""Go get a room!"

Gaffer, will she be embarrassed when you kiss her at home? It's too private and you can refuse to answer my question.
Nov 13, 2013 20:44
GUESTBOB My girl is interesting. When she sees some lovers kissing on the street. She just asks me "Dare you kiss me in public?" I say "Yes" and pretend to kiss her but she just runs away.
Nov 14, 2013 07:21
  • GAFFER
Jimmy,
I'm not sure if it is my western influence but she loves being kissed and receiving other signs of affection at home. A hug from behind, a hand on the leg and we cuddle on the sofa in front of the TV. Maybe I should not go any further in a public forum
Nov 18, 2013 20:51
  • JIMMYB
Gaffer,

It is obvious that she just wants to share the intimate moments with you. She doesn't want others to see this. A lovely girl!
Nov 18, 2013 21:15
  • JIMMYB
Jane,

Here is another unlucky guy. He did the same thing, lightening up candles and confessing his love to a girl. But the girl didn't show up. In the end, he crushed the candles with his feet and left with tears in eyes.

Nov 30, 2013 15:05
  • WANHU
Everyone (race) has its own culture. Besides respecting other culture, I will try to keep mine. We don't display in the public.
Wan
Dec 9, 2013 21:24
  • JIMMYB
I am not brave enough to display my affection to a girl in public. A love letter is much better for me.
Dec 28, 2013 20:40
  • MARK_81
Well I do that all the time show affection in public but I do agree with JimmyB! I'm a true romantic at heart and writing a letter, handwritten not typed mind you. is still a romance classic in my opinion. It works too!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you like public display of affection?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code