Menu
November 11: men’s nightmare
Nov 13, 2013 02:04
  • KEVIN0518
November 11 is not only the Single Day but also the online shopping festival. Single boys and girls are upset because they haven’t found their life partners. However, some married gentlemen feel upset too.

An IT man promised to celebrate his wife’s birthday on November 11, but he didn’t keep his promise. He overworked until 22:00 and then returned home. He was so tired that he forgot apologizing to his wife and saying “happy birthday”. His wife was unhappy and finally revenged on her husband. She spent all the money in his husband’s account buying TV, DSLR, home furniture, down coat and jewels. The next morning her husband logged into his Taobao account and yelled loudly. His wife spent nearly 180000 RMB.

Thank god, the things his wife bought were not delivered from storage. He begged the sellers to cancel the orders. His wife was angry after seeing her orders canceled.

It’s the husband’s fault that he didn’t keep his promise to celebrate her wife’s birthday. But do all women agree that shopping is the best way to vent anger, unhappiness and other bad emotions?

Perhaps, all Chinese men should do the same thing before the November 11 comes, “Input wrong passwords three times to lock their wife’s Taobao and online bank accounts.”
Nov 20, 2013 21:14
Kevin,

This a good lesson to all men. "Never make your girl angry because you won't know how they will take revenge on you!" If he apologized to his wife sincerely, his wife would have forgiven him. But he just went to bed and left his wife alone.
Nov 23, 2013 10:37
  • WANHU
Just not celebrating a birthday or wishing happy birthday a wife is willing to punish her husband by spending RMB180000? It's almost a lifetime saving. A thought comes to my mind: is celebrating birthday a traditional Chinese culture?
Wan
Nov 26, 2013 03:46
  • BBQQ
Is celebrating birthday a traditional Chinese culture?

Wan, I can give you my answer. It's YES. I’d like to tell you something about my another colleague, a cute but shy young boy. He celebrated his girlfriend’s birthday three times a year. You must be surprised. A person just has one birthday, right? Why does she have three? When her parents registered her birth at the local police station, the police made a mistake when registering her birth date. The police registered Oct. 19 as her birth date. But her birthday on Gregorian calendar is November 11, 1980. Her birthday (Oct. 19) on Chinese lunar calendar falls on November 21 this year. You know, Chinese lunar calendar and Gregorian calendar are two different systems. Therefore, this girl celebrated her birthday three times on Oct. 19, Nov. 11 and Nov. 21 (which is her birthday on Chinese lunar calendar).

My colleague bought a watch and sent to her on Oct. 19. His girlfriend told her she wished to celebrate her birthday on Nov. 11 again. Therefore, he bought a cake on that day. When Nov. 21 came, her girlfriend reminded him of her birthday celebration. Then he bought another cake and a bottle of wine.

I couldn’t believe this when he told me.
Nov 26, 2013 06:06
  • WANHU
I have heard a lot about registration mistake(s) by the police. At one time a friend told me that she was born in 1987 but the police wrote 1986 thus she becomes one year older.
Wan
Nov 26, 2013 19:30
BBQQ,

Your colleague just spoils his girlfriend. I am wondering if the girl celebrates his birthday as well.

Wan,

Sometimes, the parents ask the police to register their kids' birth date wrongly. You know, kids who were born before September 1 can enter school every year. If he/she was born after September 1, then he/she must wait and enter school next year. Therefore, some Chinese parents change their kids' birth date so that their kids can enter school successfully. That's why some pregnant women have caesarean operations to let their kids come into the world before September 1.
Nov 27, 2013 08:29
  • WANHU
Here we start school in January.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 20:33
Wan,

Do you adopt the same strict rule like I said? I mean "Can kids who were born in Feb can enter school one month earlier?"
Post a Reply to: November 11: men’s nightmare
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code