Menu
I will never give up my seat for such an old man!
Nov 17, 2013 03:50
  • CHERRY07
A free and relaxing weekend is really nice. It's good to bathe in the sun and read newspapers on the balcony. But a piece of news made very angry. Two young girls got on the bus last morning. When the bus stopped at a station, an old man got on. He walked to one of the girls and asked her to give up her seat for him. The girl didn’t agree. Then the old man pulled her up and started to scold the girl. He also spoke dirty words loudly. The girl was angry and didn’t stand up. All of sudden, the old man sat on the girl’s thighs. The girl was scared and began to cry.

According to the girl’s friend, they didn’t occupy the orange seats for the special passengers and there were many empty seats on the bus. Then why did the old man insist picking up the girl’s seat?

Young people should respect the old people and give seats to them on the buses. However, who give the privileges to the old people to occupy the seats randomly? If I were the girl, I would sue the old man for sexually assault and verbal attack.

Well, I actually had some disgusting experiences. Once I had a stomachache so that I took bus to a hospital to see a doctor. When the bus stopped at a station, two old women with walking sticks in hands got on the bus. One of them walked to me and stared at me, implying that I should give up my seat to her. I didn’t stand up because I felt uncomfortable. Then the old woman spoke loudly “The young people have no respect for the old people. They even refuse to give up their seats to people like me.” I apologized to her and said I had a stomachache. She spoke much louder “How come a young girl is ill? You just find an excuse to refuse to give up your seat.” Then all passengers on the bus turned their heads and looked at me. Their eyes told me that they didn’t believe I was ill. So I had no choice but stood up and gave my seat to her. Another middle aged woman gave up her seat for me after seeing me standing unsteadily on the bus.
Nov 23, 2013 18:34
  • WANHU
Though young people should respect the old ones, there are persons who are not worth to be respected. Some people would say respect is earned and not gained.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 00:33
  • BBQQ
Some people would say respect is earned and not gained.

Exactly, some old men say "Thank you" when you give up your seat. Some people think they deserve the seats because they are older than you.

Cherry,

If I met such an old man, I wouldn't give up my seat for him. Meanwhile, I would sue him for assaulting me sexually.
Nov 27, 2013 05:28
  • WANHU
Dear BBQQ, is it easy to sue a person in China?
Wan
Nov 29, 2013 01:03
  • BBQQ
Wan,

Find a good lawyer and you can sue a person easily. No matter how difficult or easy it is, I would sue him if he dare assault me by sitting on my thighs.
Nov 29, 2013 06:19
GUEST92131 To be realistic, BBQQ, it's easy to say "I'll sue this man" than actually doing so.

You will have a hard time to:
- track this man
- find reliable witnesses
- prove your case
- and if you win (99.99% unlikely): collect compensation.
Nov 30, 2013 14:17
  • WANHU
Find a good lawyer?
A man helped an old woman who fell down, and he was charged and forced to compensate her with hospital expenses. A toddler girl was knocked down twice, nobody dared to help because they were afraid to pay hospital expenses and be taken to task. Now it's your word against an old man and who will bear your witness? A cunning old man may say: How could I molest a girl when I could barely walk? I fell down on her lap when the bus moves, and now she's suing me! Your honour, I am seeking a compensation too for my time, shame, ridicule and mental anguish.

It may happen dear BBQQ.

Wan
Dec 9, 2013 20:58
  • BBQQ
So there is no solution?

A cunning old man may say: How could I molest a girl when I could barely walk? It's a shame that such an old man is still alive.

Wan, I don't know if this is just a joke. A drunken young man tried to rape a middle aged woman but he was finally controlled by the woman. At last, he was sent to the police station.
Post a Reply to: I will never give up my seat for such an old man!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code