Menu
Chinese grannies are really annoying!
Nov 19, 2013 01:52
  • CHARLOTT
When you are retired and don’t know what to do, you may learn from Chinese grannies. These grannies get up early in the morning to do Guangchangwu (square dance) in the parks or at squares. After dinner, they come out to dance again. Wherever they dance, they bring a louder speaker to play music.

It sounds a very healthy living style. However, those grannies do affect those people who live around the parks or the squares. Those people are tortured by the noise from the loud speaker. As a result, the wars between them and the grannies have started.

Wuhan
Someone threw a bag of human waste out of window to warn these grannies who danced at the square. Luckily, nobody got hit. The grannies were angry and retorted that those who couldn’t bear the sound should equip sound-proofing windows.

Changping, Beijing
A man quarreled with his neighbor who took part in Guangchangwu. He came back home and went out with three Tibetan mastiffs and a hunting rifle in hands. The man fired a warning shot in the air. His Tibetan mastiffs suddenly ran into the crowd. As a result, the grannies ran in all directions. Luckily, nobody got bitten. Pathetically, the man was caught by the police.

The grannies fight back the resistance. Some grannies in Taizhou posted warnings on the cars that occupied their dancing space. It worked. Some car drivers never pull over their cars at the “already occupied” areas.

Is there a solution? Guangzhou will pass a bill to punish those who engage in noisy exercising activities in the quiet areas of the parks. A fine from CNY 200 to 1000 will be imposed on those people.
Last edited by CHARLOTT: Nov 19, 2013 02:03
Nov 23, 2013 10:58
  • WANHU
I am sure there is an amicable way in solving problems. These grannies are like our grandparents whom we should respect. I have seen them doing daily morning and evening exercises in Guangzhou and Shenzhen and indeed they use loud speakers but not that too loud to cause a din. The drones of an aircraft taking off is noisier. Don't they have community association among the dwellers of the housing park/estate? They could air their grievances through these associations.
Wan
Nov 26, 2013 03:08
  • BBQQ
I think it's ok to do square dance at the park but not in the community. If you live in higher part of the building, you feel nothing. Those who live in lower part do suffer from the noise.

I am a victim. But I never throw rubbish or fire a shoot or even drive a dog to scare them away. I feel lucky because the grannies in my community have their schedules. They dance for 30 minutes from 20:00 to 20:30. I can stand it.
Nov 27, 2013 09:00
  • WANHU
Why don't you join them?
Wan
Nov 29, 2013 00:31
  • BBQQ
Wan,

I have my own dance mat. I usually dance on my mat after I have dinner.
Nov 29, 2013 09:18
GUEST92131
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

Wan,

I have my own dance mat. I usually dance on my mat after I have dinner.

I got to see that...
Nov 30, 2013 12:37
  • WANHU
Do you have music when you dance?
Wan
Dec 9, 2013 21:52
  • BBQQ
Yes, Wan. But it's too quiet compared with the music on the square. The neighbors never hear it because my window is closed.
Post a Reply to: Chinese grannies are really annoying!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code