Menu
dragon bost festival coming up kaili guizhou
Jun 6, 2005 21:39
  • LOUISA
sibing is a mioa twon located guizhou province,the twon known for the dragon boat festival is coming up on june 11th;the festive is held once a year and last for three days boat teams from nearby villages are formed for a competitions. when the racing begins, there is a splendid scence with boat chasing one another fiercely, while crowds on both banks get excited and cheer merrily. because this festive is celebrated by the minority-- Miao and dong here and around Qiandongnan minority area.it is marked by various events including Lushen dancing and folk singing. hte dragon boat festive is celebrated with boat race and accompanied with eating sticky rice dumpings.
i am a minority miao girl,if you are interested drop me here,i will help you trvael around in return you will help me with english lesson.
Jun 9, 2005 12:00
  • CONNY129
Hi,Kaili,if you have no confidence in your English ,you won't browse website of English ,will you :) actually,your English is good ,and hope you will send us more detail about how you celebrate dragon boat festival .Thank you :)
Best wishes!
Sep 28, 2005 08:13
  • ETHNICEAST
i believe kaili is doing what we call cut and paste. but i am just wondering if anyone here has actually travel with her and what is the experience like? would someone please share the details of personal encounter with her and her english.
Sep 28, 2005 08:15
  • ETHNICEAST
sorry i meant to refer to Louisa, not kaili. oops.
Sep 28, 2005 12:34
  • DOUTIN
To CONNY129: [ bite - bit - bitten ]
haha.. :))
Sep 29, 2005 10:13
  • JABAROOTOO
I met Louisa this past summer and am happy to tell you that her oral English is great. She is a wonderful young lady who I believe is 'going places'.
The English lessons she refers to are not for herself but some youngster whom she teaches and encourages.

Louisa is self taught(only three years or so), never having the opportunity to finish middle school. She listens to lot a od English music and movies, is very dilegent and dedicated to her goals.

Your expereince with her will depend on your reasons for visiting her region. Again it is one of the most beautiful and interesting places ethnicly in China, not too spoiled yet by tourism although it is coming.
The Miao are very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in one of the smaller villages and I'm looking forward to visiting there again some other time. Shibing, where Louisa is referring to has one of the nicest raft rips I've ever taken. Not serious white water but great fun, food, scenery and swimming. Read my Travel Review -Glimpse of Guizhou - for more on Kaili region.
I've been to Guizhou on three separate trips and I have to say I will keep going back for more.

Hope this answers your questions

Sep 30, 2005 00:17
  • ETHNICEAST
thanks, what kind of "service charge" are we talking about? like per day effort and other addtional? just to get a general idea of cost and expenses, etc.,
Sep 30, 2005 00:58
  • CALIFORNIA
WOW,Louisa,you are so great!I should learn from you:-)
Sep 30, 2005 01:19
  • CONNY129
it is the third time I felt puzzle today ,DOUTIN
Sep 30, 2005 03:14
  • ETHNICEAST
to both our local chinese, puzzled connly and impressed california, what i think is going on is that when a foreigner praise a local that she has "good" english, we are being kind and encouraging, though we do need to qualify that "good" is never a proper english word to describe anything because it is so vague and generic. we are saying that louisa is fluent and "good" like us. you know?

Sep 30, 2005 03:41
  • CONNY129
thank you very much ,I do learnt a lot here ^_*
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: dragon bost festival coming up kaili guizhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code