Menu
Is it impolite?
Aug 22, 2005 16:45
  • CARINA
i prefer hamburger to pizza !
Sep 1, 2005 08:30
  • DOUTIN
Pizza Huh, hamburgers, etc.. YUCKY!""" that's the definition for junk food.
why people in china always consider all FAST FOODS as restaurants or as a model/standard for western food???
pizza's homeland is italy. PH is an american chain..and the pizza there doesn't even look like a pizza...
remember that not all the things in this world were invented in the usa. look, YOU, CHINESE, invented more than 3000 invetions. that's good! but you need to develop it, not only copy the MASTER.
try to have an opinion over a question, and not just accept things as they come from newspapers, books, tv or radio.. don't only repete your teachers, try to express your point of view.
i work also as a teacher and i'm supposed to teach english, but i have to teach my students how to THINK..chinese educational system is just so limited. students are unable to ASK questions. can somebody tell me why? i need your advice.
thx!"""
Sep 1, 2005 11:45
  • GAZ07
Pretty harsh comments considering we're only talking about eating pizza...

I'm pretty sure Chinese people are perfect aware that eating pizza and hamburgers is not the healthiest option...

And i didn't see anybody claim "everything" was invented in the U.S.

Having taught for a year in Thailand i also noticed a "teacher says, student follows" attitude. Even more so in China due to political reasons i'm not allowed to talk about ;)
Sep 1, 2005 14:59
  • ELCABRON
Hey Conny,

maybe you should think about your favourite Western food again.....because you will get faaaaaaaat;-)

But it is true that many Chinese think of these fastfood chains as Western restaurants. Ive seen couples at McD holding hands, looking deeply into each others eyes with this Titanic song in the background.....while pushing those fatbombs into their mouths....soooo romantic;-))))

But it is still something new, so people always prefer the new, unknown stuff instead of things they had for years. Im quite sure that in a few years people will think different about McD, KFC, PizzaHut and so on....

It is just fast food you eat because you have no time for the real food. Like Chinese street kitchens (but those street kitchens are way better;-) Döner Kebab, hamburgers and Pizza is cheap crap.....but I must confess that I eat it too, from time to time.

Another thing: How can someone get the idea that Pizza is American????? Italians would kill someone for that statement;-)
And Pizza Hut is no real pizza at all......
Sep 1, 2005 16:35
  • DONHFRASER
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO ENJOY EATING A PIZZA?

Get a Pizza cutter and cut it into 8, then eat with you fingers and even better when accompanied with a good Chianti ( Red Italian wine)

Don H
Sep 1, 2005 20:47
  • CONNY129
To DONHFRASER :
In China ,it would be rude to interrupt tracher's saying ,if you point out that something is wrong he says ,the teacher would felt shamed and lost his face in front of his students. If a student always show his own opinions on class ,he would thought to be a troublemaker for he broke the rules in class and the teacher cannot finish his class on time ,other students won't satisfied if a teacher is always delay to over his saying.
Sep 1, 2005 21:09
  • CALIFORNIA
Do you know how the first PIZZA made in Italy?Haha!At first,there wasn't pizza in Italy,when Marc Polo(An italian who lived in Yuan Dynasty in China about 17 years) returned Italy,he wanted to do a delicious chinese food was named Chinese Pie(Xian er Bing),during the process of making,he forgot that where should the stuffing put???In China,the stuffing in the middle,so Maro Polo decided to put it one the top of the cake,WOW,the first PIZZA came out!!!!!!
It is only a joke,don't angry,italian friend!Pizza is a delicious italian food!I love Pizza very much!
Sep 1, 2005 21:25
  • RITA
I heard the similar story many years ago, very funny! When Xianbing (cake with delicious stuffing) was first taken abroad, a group of scholars studied for quite a long time to try to figure out how the Chinese put the stuffing inside a cake, but no result. :) So they simply put those sauces outside the cake, called Pizza.

Of course this story was invented.

Sep 1, 2005 22:07
  • CONNY129
Dear ELCABRON :
you warned me twice to be aware of my weight ,each time when I try to follow your suggestion I found it is hard to refrain myself from delicious dishes or fast food even some snack food.Oh~~ why men always eat whatever they like on the contrast that women have to pretend to be gentlewomen and eat only a little ? It's not equitable !!Who enacted the rule that only slender woman is beautiful and graceful ?

"Pizza Hut is no real pizza at all...... " Oh~~my God ,what on earth I had eaten for many times ? Can somebody tell me where can I find the genuine pizza in China ?
Sep 2, 2005 07:32
  • ELCABRON
Hey Conny,

yeah, I know that problem. Everybody knows that fast food is bad, but somehow you get addicted to the taste;-)

Another thing is when you do sports you can eat whatever you want.....
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it impolite?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code