Menu
How do western guys really think about their Chinese girlfriends
Dec 15, 2006 00:05
  • ALICEGAO
We can see lots of western guys in China hook up with their Chinese girlfriends quite often.
I'm wondering how do they really think about their girlfriends who are Chinese.
1.Just find somebody to hung out with, and have fun and do more crazy things.
2.Really cherish Chinese culture, and wants to know deeper about China.
3.Just consider her as a CHinese tutor.
4.Having the relationship with Chinese girl is a different experince of trying sth. new.
or some more reasons...

Dec 15, 2006 02:14
Never for love?
Dec 15, 2006 02:43
  • KSWONG
I think Reason (4) is the most likely answer.

Let's face it. Caucasian women are generally not that attractive.
Yeah, you see the really beautiful ones on TV or in Hollywood.
But that's like the top 1 per cent.

Asian women are generally smaller built, petite and the
perception is that they are gentle, subservient creatures.

Or so I have been told by a Caucasian friend haha!
Dec 15, 2006 17:29
  • GRIZ326
Why are Western guys interested in Asian women?

There are probably an infinite number of responses.

Perhaps they hope that a respectful, caring, committed relationship is possible with a Chinese woman...when they are unable to find it in their homeland.
Dec 16, 2006 09:07
  • APAULT
I had Chinese girlfriends a few years ago in my home country, but not when I was China, tho I had good female friends there. Why did I have Chinese girlfriends? Because I met some! You go out with people you meet...and if men come to China to work... they meet Chinese girls/women. Are they different? Yes, of course, but so are the Chinese men who are or have been my friends.

Personally, I enjoy the cultural differences, it has enriched my life, but mostly I don't dwell on how or why they are different. In China they all treat me well, it is flattering to have so many people come and chat to you, especially beautiful ladies. Are they more beautiful than in my home countries? They seem to be, but maybe I am biased because young ones will come and chat with me whereas in most western countries the young are rather contemptuous of us oldies.

Of course there are some westerners who take advantage of this, but most western men I have met who have Chinese girlfriends are serious about their relationships, so yes it is 'love' :)
Dec 18, 2006 20:31
  • KTM475
I married mine!not because she is chinese, but she is my best friend.

Dec 19, 2006 03:06
  • ALICEGAO
Thanks to all your guys!
And esp. the sweet pic. I like it. Best wishes!
Dec 22, 2006 11:34
  • ROGER1
I also married my Chinese lady, and since I married her, I have never had an unhappy day.
Dec 22, 2006 12:23
  • DAWEI
1, 2 & 4 and more
I'm a Caucasian w/a Chinese american wife. The cultural differences add spice to the relationship.

Also, the tradition American values of the importance of hard work, education, loyalty, and family aren't as widely held by many Caucasian Americans as they once were. In contrast, many Chinese and Chinese Americans hold these values as very important. Certainly there are Americans who still care about these values, but it isn't as universal as with my Chinese friends.

I think both Caucasian & Asian women are equally beautiful.
Jan 2, 2007 17:44
  • REBEL41863
I have often noted the large number of Chinese women I have seen that struck me as being very beautiful ladies... but I had never envisioned myself ever being in love with a Chinese woman. However, after meeting several Chinese ladies online and spending a fair amount of time in casual chats, I became intrigued with the quality of personality that most of these women tend to share. After some time, I met and got to know one Chinese lady in particular that simply blew me away with how sweet, sincere, and genuine she was.... and now, after several trips to China in the past year, countless gigabytes of chatting, and long distance bills that could only make Ma Bell proud.... I find myself so deeply in love with this lady. To answer what I "Really" think about her??? I think she is a very beautiful lady in every sense - spiritually, emotionally, and physically. She is highly principled and alwways strives to live by those principles. Though she is definitely naive about soooo many things, it is still very plain to see that she is so very intelligent and mentally organized. Actaully, when I look at her now, I don't see her as my "Chinese" girlfriend... I see her as my life partner... my one true love... my baby!
Jan 3, 2007 04:40
  • INMEDIC
I also married a Chinese woman. She is the best thing to happen in my life. Ever since I was in school I had intrest in Chinese culture. I am learning Chinese. I have been in martial arts for years and I still want to learn more about Chinese culture, ancient and now.
Page 1 of 17    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do western guys really think about their Chinese girlfriends
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code