Menu
waiting for a fiance visa
Aug 27, 2007 14:33
  • HI5PRO
Thanks Roger for the great info for people like us who is waiting for the K1 interview of our love ones and the advice for my future Chinese Loa Po :). My case was filed on Feb. 27th and have received the approval notice from USCIS dated June 26th. Called NVC and told the case was sent to GZ Consulate on June 17th. Do you recommend to give GZ Consulate a call or should we just wait for the mail? I'll be appreciated if you can PM me your ticket info too. Many thanks for this great forum.
Aug 27, 2007 17:03
  • DODGER
Roger,
very good advice and nicely put.
Ron, I wish you well and hope your dreams and asperations come to a happy conclusion soon.
Dodger.
Sep 21, 2007 13:32
GUEST46234 Hey Roger,

Thank you very much for the information. I too im in a similar situation and could benefit from your ticket info. I go to China every 2 months to see my future Lao Po. We met about 2 years ago in Chengdu and I have been to see her and her family 6 times. We have been engaged since Jan of this year but the K1 didn't get filed until Aug 29th. It is filed through California. On your best guess estimate, when do you think her interview might be?
Sep 30, 2007 09:03
  • ARIES52
Hello Rogerinca,

I read your insights of what needs to be done. I have met a wonderful lady on line and we both have been emailing each other since May of this year. I would like to go visit her this Dec 07. I have ran into nothing but roadblocks on travel plans with flights and the prices are crazy. What is the process of getting you my PM so it is not posted all over the place. I would like to know of this person on the plane tikets. BTW, I live in Oregon near Portland. I have had the same job for 20 years now. I am very responsible and respect others in their views. I would like to know more about the process of what paperwork I need besides the pass port and visa. I also want to understand the booking of hotel arrangements. A lot of questions but would like to know the starting basics. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Oct 19, 2007 14:15
  • SCOTTMCGEE
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and very grateful to have found such a great source of information. I am, as I suppose most here are, in love with a wonderful Chinese woman. Her name is LiaJin. She lives in Tianjin. We have been emailing for some time and have recently started talking each day via Yahoo with webcam and microphone too. We spend about 2 hours a day this way, much of it helping each other with language.

I am planning to visit China, and JiaLin, for the first time in February. While I have not asked her to be my wife yet, we talk a lot about marriage. She wants to come here (US - Utah, to be exact) and live with me. I have found much info on these forums.

What I need to ask is this, Given our situation (not having met physically yet), what is the best way to get her over here? It seems to me that a fiance visa is probably the quickest because we can start that now. Perhpas, though, I am wrong as we cannot provide any photos of us together.

Any advise would be appreciated. Also any advice on likely cultural differences that are likely to cause difficulties.

Finally, Roger, I would very much like to know about source of less expensive tickets too. It could make a lot of difference. If it saved enough to let me come over again sooner, it would be GREAT!!

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Oct 19, 2007 14:20
  • SCOTTMCGEE
I forgot one other important question. I have located the forms to apply for a visa to visit China, but does anyone have any advice or information that is likely to help me. I hope four months is enough time to get one.

Thanks

Scott
Oct 21, 2007 04:15
  • APAULT
Scott. I think the first piece of advice is 'be patient!' Firstly things here do take some time and you have to be ready for issues that will have to be overcome. But also from persoanl experience, - one step at the time! Sure think ahead but come over and meet and see how things go, build the relationship, get the genuine photos, and then be in a position where you can approach your authorities and honestly show them that the two of you are indeed an item. At the mment you are 'hopefuls' :)

There are many cultural; issues though I believe they are easily exaggerated. Be flexible and learn. You may have disagreements but if you can talk them through and understand each other you will overcome the issues and bukid the basis for the future. Despite that my one area of warning is that you should ask the lady to take things slowly... be cautious in how she presents your relationship to family and friends, and allow tme for both sides to adjust. In some ways there is a bigger generation gap between Chinese parents and their kids than we are used to - China has changed so much in such a short time. If you treat parents and older relations rather like was the case in western countries a generation or two ago, you won't go far wrong.

Good luck.

Oct 21, 2007 14:01
  • CARLOS
Wow!

Am I happy for not living in States. Seems like everything takes very long time to happen there.

I met my lao po online about December. We have met two times, on first I fell desperately in love with her, on second (Aug) we got married. Now waiting for permit of residence for her. Normally takes average 4,4 months here in Finland. If I´m very lucky I´ll have her living with me for Christmas, apparently it goes to January.

Not too soon here, either ;=) I think I have a lot of time to think about what Roger said.

Carlos

And, good luck and a lot of patience to all of You waiting.
Nov 20, 2007 16:54
GUEST54221 Hey Ron,

I filed K1 in May , NVC sent to Guangzhou on Nov. 7.
So we are waiting also.
Have you heard any news from Guangzhou?

Jeff
Dec 9, 2007 10:23
  • SHADOWMAN
To ROGERINCA,

First of all, thank you for the valuable info on this and other threads on this forum. Secondly, in post #8, you made reference to "an outstanding on-line support group here in America, which is dedicated exclusively to Americans who are in the K-1 or K-3 or other visa processes with Chinese women." If possible, could you please post or PM me with the website address?

Thanks in advance,
Shadowman
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: waiting for a fiance visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code