Menu
Is a henpecked man a good man?
Dec 22, 2007 23:11
  • JCNILE123
Mr LP, I think family is a 747 airplane, there always most be more than one person able to land it.

Happy holidays
Dec 23, 2007 00:51
  • ELLEN77
A blind henpecked man is not my liking. I'd prefer my husband to listen to me on the small things. But if he find a reason that makes me feel proper or happy, that's ok! Listen to Him! On big things we both decide.
Dec 23, 2007 19:05
  • SHESGOTTOBE
LOL! GUEST19233. Hmm… I have two younger brothers. Could this be the reason why they are good around women? ^_^"

A man who helps with the house chores is a gem. Laundry, cooking, washing dishes, taking out the garbage, cleaning the house, cleaning the yard, cleaning the car, etc. Will doing these things with his wife make a man lose his face? If my future husband is like that, I would proudly tell everyone that he is the best husband in the world and then give him a peck on his cheek. Opss… I just turned him into a henpecked man, didn’t I? :-P
Dec 25, 2007 15:12
  • MOONDOLLARS
I think a woman appreciates a man who listens to her suggestions, just as the man would appreciate it if a woman listens to his suggestions.

I do think one thing is important though -- when a couple gets married, they should have an agreement that the husband's or wife's parents and other familiy members can't interfere with the couple's business.

What if the husband's parents wanted them to do things a certain way and the wife didn't think so. The husband should go to his parents and make it seem like it's his ideas so it doesn't cause any trouble.

Anyway, I think a couple should go to pre-marriage counseling.

- moondollars
http://community.faithvine.com/blogs/moondollars

Dec 26, 2007 20:57
  • LEONARDO
"I think a woman appreciates a man who listens to her suggestions, just as the man would appreciate it if a woman listens to his suggestions."

I am totally in favor of your point. In marriage, both the two parties need to have an open ear and are open to each other's suggestion. Neither party should have the desire to control the other. In marriage, negotiation and compromise are necessary. Certainly, a hen-pecked man is not a good man. Similarly, a wife who blindly follows her husband's order is not a good wife.
Dec 26, 2007 21:33
  • JCNILE123
((((I do think one thing is important though -- when a couple gets married, they should have an agreement that the husband's or wife's parents and other familiy members can't interfere with the couple's business.

What if the husband's parents wanted them to do things a certain way and the wife didn't think so. The husband should go to his parents and make it seem like it's his ideas so it doesn't cause any trouble.)))

In China,

Do you really believe it is possible in China?

Dec 27, 2007 13:33
  • INMEDIC
I would like to say something about this subject. I think a husband should listen to his wife but not all the time. I also think a wife should listen to what her husband has to say. I think this builds a good relationship between husband and wife. I agree a man should not be abusive or demand his wife must do everything he says. Marriage is a partnership of trust, understanding, respect and love. What do any of you think about this?
Dec 27, 2007 20:36
  • FRANKENSTEIN
INMEDIC,
Your viewpoints seem a little self-contradictory. "I think a husband should listen to his wife but not all the time. I also think a wife should listen to what her husband has to say." This sounds that you are on men's side.

The latter part of your post is well said. I have no disagreement.
Dec 28, 2007 03:46
GUESTLASS I don't like my husband always obey my directions, but that depends, for the family trifles, I'd be happy if he submit to my order. But for the big decision, I'd like him to be manly, after our discussion, he'd be decisive.

I think myself is a little bit traditional. I regards a husband as a pillar in a family, who must take care of the family and responsible for them. The most basic obligation for a man is to feed and dress his family.
Jan 9, 2008 03:52
  • JIMMYB
Smart women know that face is very important to men. In front of their friends, don't make your husband lose face no matter they are henpecked or not.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is a henpecked man a good man?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code