Menu
what do you think of marrying a man/woman who is younger than you?
Feb 26, 2011 14:04
  • CARLOS
I think, Bostonian, that you understand that giving any reasonable advice or opinion concerning your situation is purely impossible.

Like Dodger said age different over 10 years is quite common. Ours is almost 17 years.
I have been married to my wife for 3,5 years and she still have difficulties to show any emotions in public. In public I mean when there is any person possibly seeing, including friends and family, even her sister.

About love, I think it is not very rational to expect someone to love other after chatting few months and a short meeting. IMO it also is not rational to analyze someones feelings from a photo.

I think, and I have come to this conclusion after knowing only few chinese women in Finland, that most of chinese other asian women wanting to be married to West wants to find a reliable husband and all of them wants to find a financially secured future hoping they can send some money to parents in China too. And there is nothing wrong with it. All chinese women I know are not afraid to do any work they are offered to.
Time is something that should not be short when doing big decisions and marriage is one. So take your time and whatever you decide, be sure of it. The best way to destroy an affair is mistrust.

About the register, it may referr to hukou system. My wife says that for marriage she needed hukou pen, 湖口笔. It is held by the head of family and he can decide whether he gives it to daughter or not. If not, she can not get married. My wife also says that in theory it could be had from police but they will not give it if father says no. So perhaps what your girlfriend says is true.

Perhaps the next time you visit there you should have a thick red envelope to give to her father. That was no joke.

Carlos

Feb 26, 2011 23:51
GUESTKYLE Hi, CARLOS, the Chinese words should be 户口本. Just like what you said, her parents may refuse to give her THIS Family BOOK for marriage registration if they think the man can not bring her a happy life.
Feb 27, 2011 03:25
  • CARLOS
Kyle, thanks for the correction. Using a web dictionary is sometimes confusing without any knowledge of language.

Carlos
Mar 2, 2011 20:19
  • JIMMYB
Some girls might steal Hukouben and gets married secretly. It is too late when their parents find out the truth.
Mar 2, 2011 21:30
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Perhaps the next time you visit there you should have a thick red envelope to give to her father. That was no joke.

Carlos

The father will be extremely angry if you send a thick red envelope to marry her daughter. He will think you take him as daughter-seller.
It should be sent after he agrees with your marriage as betrothal gifts.
Mar 2, 2011 21:36
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Some girls might steal Hukouben and gets married secretly. It is too late when their parents find out the truth.

Is this a modern form of elopement? No way for me to do it if i was a girl.
Mar 27, 2011 06:12
GUEST10896 I am 25 and my guy is one and half years younger .. we are in a relationship since last 5 years..seems like we grew up together... finished studies got jobs. he loves me very much and our parents are also not against our marrige. Only problem is his family is financially not stable and my mom is apprehensive that it might be a problem later. Also he doesn't earn much right now but of course he will after 2 or 3 years.. and then we plan to get married
Apr 17, 2011 05:25
GUESTXYZ If Men can marry a women who is much younger than him,then its very much appropriate even for a women to marry a goy who is much younger than her.
Ultimately what matters is the bondage between older women and younger guy....who have decided to carry out their furture life without any inhibitions and a strong bondage of love.
Apr 17, 2011 23:57
GUESTSPEAR-SA I am engaged to a guy who is 3 years younger than me, the love that we have for each other is rarely found in the world. I have never thought that I would be married some day to a man younger than me because it is unacceptable in my religion and my family to do so. But I could not stop it!! This love is something stronger than anything I have ever felt before, and I would not have it any other way. If I could fight for others who face rejection because of the youth of their soul mates, I would do it in a heartbeat. My family still tries to convince me to re-think my marriage - even as I am wearing a diamond engagement ring!! I am not backing down though, it is hard to do but I won't let anyone decide who I love and marry.
Apr 24, 2011 04:26
GUESTUNKOWN im in love with a boy who is 6 months younger to me... my parents r not accepting for our marriage... saying its good for the boy if the girl is elder than him...(i.e., the life span the boy wil be decresed according to hindhu mythology...) wat shld i do now??? shld i leave him r marry him...
Page 14 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do you think of marrying a man/woman who is younger than you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code