Menu
Chinese salad dressing
Apr 17, 2009 00:26
GUEST36201 Hi, Im spanish.

I was serching the recipe to make the same dressing at home for a long time and some time ago I find this one that its nearly similar

1 cup of Rice Vinegar
Ajimoto
3 tablespoms of Sunflower oil
1 cup of Sugar
a bit of Salt

some people use a bit of water to shake better. Then you keep it in the fridge and its ready to use it.

Jun 20, 2009 13:54
GUEST59248 Hi there, you need ajimoto, rice vinegar, plastic stuff ( its called agar agar),sugar,salt,oil....then mix for at least 5 min!
Jul 8, 2009 07:46
  • JADELEE
Hm, should try, I am interested in what you shared with us.
Aug 14, 2009 01:41
  • BAZAARK
At Bazaark we bring solutions on a variety of quality items: from Kitchenware, Outdoor Furniture to Garage Storage Solutions, Bike Racks & more
Aug 22, 2009 13:16
GUEST54143 It´s a simple sweet and sour sauce made from rice wine vinegar sugar salt and water (add cornflower and ketchup if you want it thick and red ),
Sep 16, 2009 12:01
GUEST46137 I know you asked this a long time ago, but I hope I can help anyway.
The recipe I have is:
1 cup vinegar (rice vinegar if possible, but wine or cider vinegar works well)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. "chinese salt" (monosodic glutamate)(you can ommit this)
2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cooking oil (sonflower or soy...)
Mix well with an electric mixer ffor about 5 minutes and chill before serving.
Some people add 1 tbsp. mayonese, but it is not essencial. If you find it too thick, you can add some water if you like.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
Maychu - Spain
Oct 1, 2009 08:53
GUEST11118 eventually somebody with some scence!!! ive been looking for this recipe for years...
thankyou guest 36201 and maychu.
very much apreciated.
Jan 6, 2010 12:00
GUESTPAT Please can you supply the delicious dressing for Chinese salad very tastey and milkie looking thank you
Mar 26, 2010 10:57
  • LYNNPVW
I've lived in Spain for 11 years and have had this dressing many times. I've asked in several Chinese owned restaurants and the recipe is always the same. No mayonnaise, no soy sauce ..... it's actually very simple.

1 part water
1 part sugar
1/4 part rice wine vinegar

Boil the water and sugar until the sugar has melted. Wait until cooled then add a quarter part rice wine vinegar. Despite what has been said before, it does have a long life if kept in the fridge as there's nothing in it which could go off.

You can add Ajimoto (the plastic looking shreds) to your lettuce before you dress it but it's not really necessary. The above quantities can be adjusted if you prefer a sweeter or vinegary flavour, you can also add pickled ginger but you would be going away from the original basic, and very easy, recipe. You actually don't need to make a fussy salad, this is fabulous with plain shredded lettuce.

I agree with everyone who's tasted it ..... it delicious.

(I can't believe I actually joined this forum simple to provide the recipe!!)
Mar 31, 2010 13:30
GUEST14142 I live in Spain and that salad is in all of the chinese restaurants, i really love it and would love to know the recipe to the sauce
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese salad dressing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code