Menu
Are we created or are we products of the Big Bang?
Oct 30, 2008 20:31
  • WANHU
Besides "On the origin of the species my means of natural selection (Penguin, 1968)" by Charles Darwin, you may also read "The Voyage of the Beagle". You may find it as a hypothesis rather than a theory. If you are in Kuala Lumpur, you can go to the National Library of Malaysia, it has three copies of Darwin's in its holdings, including 1993 edition published by the Modern Library. Happy reading.
Oct 31, 2008 17:11
  • GRIZ326
Is it impossible that both are true?
Nov 1, 2008 08:25
  • CARLOS
To me it is.

If I was God or whatever anyone wants to call him I would have deleted mankind ages ago as useless waste.

When I was a kid we sometimes collected bugs to a glass jar. Flies, mosquitos, ants, spiders...
Then we watched what happens. To a kid it was interesting when a spider attacked fly or even other spider.

If there is God what else is he doing but watching us destroying glass jar universe by ourselves.

Carlos
Nov 1, 2008 10:00
  • JCNILE123
Carlos,
It is simple, look inside you and ask if you can be a better man, if you can do something better today than you did yesterday.

((((When I was a kid we sometimes collected bugs to a glass jar. Flies, mosquitos, ants, spiders...
Then we watched what happens. To a kid it was interesting when a spider attacked fly or even other spider.))))

Or perhaps Carlos can ignore it and instead He can choose to be the same every day, going around pretending that He is the best He can be; and so, He fails to see that evil comes from man, because that is our nature.
Little Carlos know that by trapping the insects in a jar dead is at hand, but little Carlos rather enjoy the spectacle of dead and destruction. At such short age the evil nature in you let you to care less about the end result in exchange for the short live spectacle that has affected you till today.
Was little Carlos an evil little boy? Certainly not… It is our nature.
Difference between the real God acts and little God Carlos is that He (little boy Carlos) can choose what he wants to be or do, But the insects inside the jar don’t; in other words little Carlos was playing God, an evil god that is.
Little Carlos was supposed to take and protect the less fortunate, the weak and the defenseless.

((((If there is God what else is he doing but watching us destroying glass jar universe by ourselves.))))

The Creator doesn’t acts like mankind, but mankind can act like God.
We can go ahead and blame God for mans evils; or we, as individuals can go ahead and be a better human being and resist the evil inside us.
Nov 1, 2008 13:58
  • CARLOS
JC, in fact, with my lacking English I understand we are basicly talking the same.

Evil comes from man, other animals rarely are evil. But, the basic question then: what does God do, now, tomorrow...?
It is very hard for me to understand that we would be here for some great plan. Why are we here?

Anyway, fine answer, JC, although I kinda did smell a little annoyed tone from it. Don´t be, JC, things as things.

Little Carlos ;=)

Nov 1, 2008 14:01
  • CARLOS
Oh, of course the difference between "yes, he is - no, he isn´t"

Carlos
Nov 1, 2008 15:54
  • JCNILE123
Carlos,

(((although I kinda did smell a little annoyed tone from it. Don´t be, JC, things as things.)))

Not at all, not at all my friend!!
As a matter of fact I thought of it as honest writings, that's all...
I like your honesty; I used to be the same as a child.
Nov 2, 2008 11:58
  • CARLOS
Thanks, JC.

Anyway, I don´t want to go anywhere, least of all I want to get wasted. However, that is about all mankind deserves, to get wiped out.

(to all of you who are checking internet to find a clue about next school massacre or something, don´t bother now. There is nothing between the lines)

Carlos
Nov 2, 2008 23:01
  • DODGER
For a wonderful moment I thought we were about to witness a major scuffle in the cheap seats.
But alas I was premature, as usual.. I had visions of a re-run of that old black and white favorites of mine, “Nanook of the North versus Geronimo”
Shame; I could have sold seats.
Interesting though that every time someone says the “G” word there’s a minor disturbance.
Dodger.
Nov 3, 2008 20:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Well, we are all children of the stars. The scientists say that the atoms that make up our bodies were created in the Big Bang. However, if the Big Bang was created by 'something' or 'someone', so.... it can mean that both creation and evolution are true. It is possible that both happened.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are we created or are we products of the Big Bang?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code