Menu
Retirement age in China is likely to postpone to 65!
Jun 24, 2012 23:00
  • WANHU
Other people won't get our pension unless we specify under certain prerogatives, most of the time it means paying to less people and the government keeps the money.
Wan
Jul 5, 2012 02:49
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Suppose I died below 65 years old and I couldn't get even a cent after paying for my pension for nearly 40 years. What a pity!

I'd rather save my money or use these money to do small business and the support myself when I retire.
Jul 5, 2012 18:05
  • WANHU
Its good to think and plan for our future, Sunnydream. At least we know what to expect. Life is hard in China now, not like what I used to experience before. For example, last Sunday I had a chest pain and went to Sun Yat Sen Hospital (Cardiovascular Branch), Shenzhen. For CT Scan, ECG, injection, IVP (3 bottles), blood tests, medicine, one night observation and doctor's fee I needed to pay almost RMB2500.

For me, I look forward for the gratuity payment besides monthly pension.
Wan
Jul 9, 2012 02:28
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Why did you see the doctors in China? The Chinese hospitals charge the patients a lot of money.
Jul 9, 2012 03:30
  • LAUGH
It is better if they do have the medical insurance or join the new rural cooperative medical system. Almost 80% of all expenses will be reimbursed.
Last edited by LAUGH: Jul 9, 2012 03:31
Jul 10, 2012 12:33
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Wan,

Why did you see the doctors in China? The Chinese hospitals charge the patients a lot of money.

If not needed I won't go, dear Sunnydream. I would rather go to public hospitals in Malaysia where everything is free, medicines, ward, food, etc. It was an emergency. The doctor didn't listen to my woes as I informed him I was on Plavix but he still prescribed me an aspirin which I am allergic to.
Wan
Jul 10, 2012 21:50
  • SUNNYDREAM
Plavix? It is used for heart disease. Are you ok, Wan?
Jul 11, 2012 14:35
  • WANHU
Plavix is used to thin the blood, usually for those having heart or stroke problem. I underwent an angioplasty in 2006 Dec 4 with 2 vessels blockage (85%) and cardiologists inserted 2 gold stents. So you can say I have a heart of gold, hehe.
Jul 15, 2012 02:39
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan, you really have a gold heart. I guess you spent a lot of money doing that surgery.
Jul 17, 2012 02:08
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Wan, you really have a gold heart. I guess you spent a lot of money doing that surgery.

Maybe for foreigners but the government was kind enough to give me free operation, free ward, free medicine and free food. Even free mouth wash. The only thing I needed to buy was a shaver that the hospital didn't provide.
Wan
Page 5 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Retirement age in China is likely to postpone to 65!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code