Menu
Retirement age in China is likely to postpone to 65!
Jul 17, 2012 22:08
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Maybe for foreigners but the government was kind enough to give me free operation, free ward, free medicine and free food. Even free mouth wash. The only thing I needed to buy was a shaver that the hospital didn't provide.
Wan

Wan,

You really live in a paradise. Normal people in China even can not burden the high expenditure for this operation. I check the medicine you use and it is very expensive in China.
Jul 18, 2012 11:16
  • WANHU
I get free medicine, for various health ailments; if in China it will cost me more than RMB5000 per month. When I was in China, Norvasc (Amlodipine Besylate) 10mg not only quite expensive but very difficult to find. One time, my niece had diarrhea and I searched for ORS, out of 18 pharmacies in Luohu, none has.
Wan
Jul 19, 2012 01:45
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Imported medicine are very expensive. Either you have enough money to burn or you are a cadre. Otherwise, you can not afford to use the imported medicine. Some retired cadres enjoy free and very nice service when they are in hospital. Ordinary people neve have a chance to experience it.

ORS? What is it? There is a kind of medicine called Norfloxacin in China. It copes with diarrhea very well. And it is very cheap.
Jul 20, 2012 21:18
  • WANHU
ORS means Oral Rehydration Salt to replace the body fluid you have lost due to frequent visit to the lavatory. Usually in the form of sachet, to be added with plain water then drink.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 21:57
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

ORS means Oral Rehydration Salt to replace the body fluid you have lost due to frequent visit to the lavatory. Usually in the form of sachet, to be added with plain water then drink.
Wan

Ok. In China, the doctors usually give you some medince to cope with diarrhea. Nothing else if you do not stay in hospital. If you suffer from serious diarrhea, they may ask you to stay in hospital and take intravenous injections.

I suffered from serious diarrhea during my second year at college. You know, I joined a training class to improve my computer skill. At first, I didn't take it seriously. I just took some medicine and thought I would recover soon. But I was wrong. I went to the lavatory five to six times at night. It lasted for two days. Then I realized that I was wrong. Thus, I asked for two days off and went to a hospital. The doctor asked me to stay in hospital and take intravenous injections. Two days later, I felt better and joined my training class again.
Jul 25, 2012 22:03
  • WANHU
I think it's a standard procedure even among GPs to prescribe ORS for diarrhea patient to make up for the loss of liquid in the body, and iv is only applied for serious cases that needs a patient to be warded for observation. Maybe China has other SP in dealing with diarrhea patients.
Wan
Jul 29, 2012 23:17
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I think it's a standard procedure even among GPs to prescribe ORS for diarrhea patient to make up for the loss of liquid in the body, and iv is only applied for serious cases that needs a patient to be warded for observation. Maybe China has other SP in dealing with diarrhea patients.
Wan

I didn't go to the hospital. My parents invited the doctor in the clinic. She diagnosed me at my home, prescribed some medicine and injected me. It cost less than CNY 200. If I went to the hospital, I would have paid more.
Jul 31, 2012 02:16
  • WANHU
In Malaysia, if we go to private clinic, for a case of diarrhea, it would be less than RM50.
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 23:06
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

In Malaysia, if we go to private clinic, for a case of diarrhea, it would be less than RM50.
Wan

Wan,

Antibiotic is randomly used in China. The doc asked me what kind of antibiotic I used before. I told her and she said that I had to prescribe you some better ones. I asked her why. She said the antibiotic I used before was too good so that ordinary antibiotic didn't work in my body.
Aug 1, 2012 20:29
  • WANHU
Dispensing antibiotics indiscriminately may spell problem should your body provide resistance. Some doctors simply dispense antibiotics even for viral infections.
Wan
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Retirement age in China is likely to postpone to 65!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code