Menu
Eat Healthily in China
Mar 23, 2011 03:06
  • LINGYUXISU
It will be a great pity if you don’t try some delicious food when traveling in China. But some of the foods are not so good to your health. Then how to maintain health while enjoying the delicious food? Below are some tips:

1. Drink some yoghurt after eating hotpot
The soup of the hotpot is too hot and contains too much spice, thus it is to some extent harmful to your stomach. The yoghurt could protect the digestive wall of your stomach. Besides, it could retard growth of the spoilage organisms.

2. Eat some bananas after barbecue
The grills usually contain benzpyrene which is carcinogen. Bananas, to some extent can decrease the inhibition effect of benzpyrene and protect your stomach and bowels.

3. Drink some ginger brown sugar water after eating crab
The crab meat belongs to ‘cool food’ according to traditional Chinese ideas and it may cause stomachache, diarrhea and vomiting, etc to those whose spleen and stomach are deficient cold. A cup of ginger brown sugar water, which belongs to ‘warm food’, could warm stomach, improve digestion and settle the upset stomach. However, diabetics should not drink this sugar water.

4. Drink some celery juice if you’ve eaten too much oily food
Chinese dishes are usually fried with oil and some may contain too much oil. If you’ve eaten too much oil for a meal, just drink some celery juice. The bulk in the celery could bring away fat.
Mar 23, 2011 04:28
  • SUNNYDAY
I like yoghurt and usually drink it instead of juice or beer while eating out. Good for my health:)
Mar 23, 2011 07:52
  • ATTA_BUTT
Yeah! One by one its good for health, I had experience this when I knew that here is totally different food then us, it was a big change for me specially in food, during my visit of two months. I had got some food tips by my Chinese friends, but I didn’t felt difficulties during my whole journey.
Mar 23, 2011 23:03
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Yeah! One by one its good for health, I had experience this when I knew that here is totally different food then us, it was a big change for me specially in food, during my visit of two months. I had got some food tips by my Chinese friends, but I didn’t felt difficulties during my whole journey.

Yeah, I hope that I won't feel difficulities during my travel next month to the southern part of China either. I'm from the northern part of China and the eating habbits are quite different.
Mar 25, 2011 10:21
  • ATTA_BUTT
Well it's good! Definitely you are good in food; by the way what is difference between southern part of China and northern part of China especially in food.
Mar 26, 2011 02:24
  • LINGYUXISU
Well, there are many differences:
1. The principal food in the north is noodle and is rice in the south;
2. The notherners prefer salt taste while the southerners like sweet and spicy taste;
3. The dishes in the south is beautiful and delicate while large in quantity in the north;
4. As I know, the southerners, especially the ones in Guangdong, Fujian and Hong kong are very good at cooking soup while the notherners like barbecue. You heard about roast lamb of Xinjiang?
That's all I could think of right now.
Last edited by LINGYUXISU: Mar 26, 2011 02:25
Mar 27, 2011 00:06
  • ATTA_BUTT
Let me allow to tell you about our food.
Our food is based on curry or masala (hot and spicy) sauces accompanying chicken, lamb, prawns and a wide choice of vegetables. Its flavors are drawn from its Afghani, Turkish and Iranian roots.

National specialties:
• Biryani (seasoned rice with mutton, chicken and yogurt).
• Sag gosht (spinach and lamb curry).
• Dal chawal (brown lentils and rice).
• Shish kebabs (charcoal-grilled meat on skewers).
• Shami-kebabs (patties of chopped meat fried in ghee or butter).
• Halwa (sweetmeat made with eggs, carrots, maize cream, sooji and nuts).

National drinks:
• Tea (drunk strong with milk and often very sweet).
Mar 28, 2011 22:59
  • LINGYUXISU
I have had a Pakistan meal a few years ago. It was cooked by the ex of my friend. Maybe he was not a good cook and all the dishes turned out to be soupy. Although it was not delicious, we did not want to let him down and tried our best to eat it up. But I did like the desert. I did not know what it was called, it was made of rice, yoghurt and nuts. Do you know what it is?
Mar 29, 2011 10:11
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU View Post

I have had a Pakistan meal a few years ago. It was cooked by the ex of my friend. Maybe he was not a good cook and all the dishes turned out to be soupy. Although it was not delicious, we did not want to let him down and tried our best to eat it up. But I did like the desert. I did not know what it was called, it was made of rice, yoghurt and nuts...

Haha, our foods are so delicious, yours friend was untrained therefore you have complain against him/her. Rice and yogurt are famous food here in Pakistan, we call them (chawal dahi), if you want to add peanuts in suji (Halwa in Urdu) (Semolina in English) and if I am not wrong in Chinese 粗粒小麦粉.This dish is also famous as a sweet dish if you can cook it as an expert.
Mar 29, 2011 23:14
  • LINGYUXISU
No, it's not made of Semolina, but rice, glutinous rice if I told it right. And it looked like boiled rice, but tasted really differently. Do you know what it is, Atta?
Mar 30, 2011 06:52
  • ATTA_BUTT
No! Ling yu xisu, I don't know what are you asking about but if you can cook it and send me recipe may I guess it. sorry I couldn't judge it.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Eat Healthily in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code