Menu
7 smelliest foods from around the world, how many have you tasted?
Jun 29, 2011 03:00
  • XIAOXIAO
No.7 Durian

I have seen it many times in the supermarkets but I do not have courage to eat it because of its smell. My friend once brought some durian fruit candies to me when he got back to China. I threw it away just when I tore away the candy paper. Really smelly.

Jun 29, 2011 03:02
  • XIAOXIAO
No.6 Guava

It's the first time I have seen it. It looks beautiful but smelly after you cut it into pieces.

Jun 29, 2011 03:04
  • XIAOXIAO
No.5 Smelly Tofu.

It is a famous snack in China. You can easily find it on the streets. Girls love it very much. Frankly speaking, I haven't ever tasted it before.

Jun 29, 2011 04:14
  • XIAOXIAO
No.4 Kiviak

Inuits love it very much. They put a lot of auks in the hollowed-out seal body, sew up and seal the seal body with grease and then put a large rock on it or just bury it underground for several months to keep the air content low. When the birds ferment, they start to eat it in winter, especially on birthdays and weddings.

By the way, you should know that the auks are intact. Their beaks, feathers and feet are not removed.

Jun 29, 2011 04:19
  • XIAOXIAO
No.3 Rays

South Korean people love rays very much. On important occasions like weddings and funerals, rays are served. It is much smellier than kiviak.

Jun 29, 2011 04:32
  • XIAOXIAO
No.2 Preserved Herring

It's Swedish people's favorite. In April, May and June, the locals catch a large numbers of herrings. Then they boil herrings in salted water and then put them in tins to ferment naturally. On third Thursday in August, a herring part will be held. The locals say that it is the best time to eat preserved herrings. They eat herrings with potatos, onions, sour cream etc.

Jun 29, 2011 04:36
  • XIAOXIAO
No. 1 TEX MEX

It is a typical Spanish cuisine seasoning, widely used on meat and salads.

Jun 29, 2011 21:50
  • LINGYUXISU
To be honest, I have tried neither of them. BTW, Smelly Tofu is really smelly.
Jul 4, 2011 02:02
GUEST0852
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

To be honest, I have tried neither of them. BTW, Smelly Tofu is really smelly.

You are special. Many girls love smelly tofu very much. I do not like it because I hate its smell and I don't think it is hygienic.
Jul 6, 2011 03:04
It's difficult for me to imagine anything smellier than smelly tofu- you can smell it on the whole street if there's a street vendor selling it. My neighbour once made it-made the whole floor of our apartment building smell for days.

It tastes a little bland though- just like tofu....strangely
Jul 6, 2011 21:30
  • BBQQ
It tastes a little bland though- just like tofu....strangely

Really? I planned to taste it though it was smelly. You know, I just want to know how it tastes. Now I give it up because you already told me how it tastes.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 7 smelliest foods from around the world, how many have you tasted?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code