Menu
What would you have done if you saw a kid crushed twice by a car?
Oct 24, 2011 22:00
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

Marrie, there is no God in China.

Dodger.

Naive! Common Belief has melt in the blood of the Chinese for thousands of years way before any baby religions elsewhere no matter what ideology rules over this ancient land. Because of that, no matter how it suffered before, it was, is and will be justified as the most excellent nation on the earth!

Wiki

Chinese terms for God, especially a "Supreme God", have produced many variations for the title. The oldest records of the term Westerners translate as "God", "Most High God", "Greatest Lord" appear to exist in the earliest documents of Chinese literature as Shangdi (上帝, pinyin: Shàngdì, literally "Above Emperor"). This representation may be as old as 2000 BC or older, with the earliest documentation around 700 BC. However, as Chinese religion changed to incorporate later interpretations of Confucianism, Daoism, & Buddhism, the term seems to have merged, in the views of some philosophers, with an impersonal Shung Tian, or heaven. (See Shangdi, Pangu, Tian, and Chinese Mythology, for examples and details.)

Oct 24, 2011 22:35
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE View Post

Naive! Common Belief has melt in the blood of the Chinese for thousands of years way before any baby religions elsewhere no matter what ideology rules over this ancient land. Because of that, no matter how it suffered before, it was, is and will be justified as the most excellent nation on the earth!
[...

The citizens of your "most excellent nation" seem to have scant regard and a total lack of empathy for each other these days. Particularly the young and the helpless. If coldheartedly deserting a child to die is a display of a nations "excellence" then give me a nation of mediocrity any day.
Last edited by BOBERT: Oct 24, 2011 22:40
Oct 25, 2011 02:34
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

The citizens of your "most excellent nation" seem to have scant regard and a total lack of empathy for each other these days. Particularly the young and the helpless. If coldheartedly deserting a child to die is a display of a nations "excellence" then give me a nation of mediocrity any day.

The cold hearted people can't represent all Chinese people.

On Oct. 24, a girl also called Yue Yue was hit by a car in Guangzhou. The witnesses didn't run away. Instead, they lifted the car and the girl's parents took her away. Sadly, the girl still passed away in the hospital.
Oct 25, 2011 06:04
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

This pretty much sums it up as it came from the Main headling thread..
Quote=What do you expect, when a government doesn’t respect human rights, why should the people?
What do you expect, when government officials are driven by greed and corruption, should the people not follow their example?’ Quote
Although all countries have their corruption and greed,, but greed and corruption came in the form of a tire on a small childs body. Something like this to happen happens only in wars, not in modern day society.
Oct 25, 2011 06:12
  • DODGER
Marrie, my point in saying that ‘there is no God in China’ was to underline the fact that a group of people went out of their way to deliberately destroy Chinese culture, including religion, and some, if not all of the values that are the glue that holds a community together.
The death of this girl only goes to underline how successful this program was.
Some of those cultural values still linger in the subconscious of Chinese people.
In days past, someone would have taken the girl to safety, off of the road. Not any more.

Finally, I completely agree with Bob’s viewpoint on compensation. Why should I profit from the death of one of my children. Their lives are not for sale.

Dodger.
Oct 25, 2011 21:17
  • BBQQ
Finally, I completely agree with Bob’s viewpoint on compensation. Why should I profit from the death of one of my children. Their lives are not for sale.

The parents didn't profit from the death of their daughters. In all, they have received 270100.45 yuan. The dad invited the media to be their witness, opened an account in a bank and finally deposited all money. He recored all donors' names on a paper He promised that he wouldn't spend the money for other purposes excluding paying for Xiao Yueyue's medical costs. The money left will be used to help those kids who are in need of help. By the way, the expenditure will be known to the public.

He once decided to give the money to the charity organization and let them handle the money. But many netizens opposed their idea because they didn't believe the charity organizations after Guo Meimei's scandal.

I learned that the hospital didn't ask Xiao Yueyue's parents to pay for the treatment. Now the parents should tell the public how they will deal with the money.

The dad counted the money and opened an account at the bank in the presence of the journalists.

Oct 25, 2011 22:57
  • BOBERT
BBQQ: Then obviously the father is in total agreement with Dodger and me. He does not believe he should profit from the death of his child. It reinforces my earlier point that a "gift" of money is not appropriate for the loss of a child. Nor is it "kind".
Oct 26, 2011 01:48
  • BBQQ
Bobert, I believe that the father didn't want to profit from the death of his child too. It is just one reason why he opened an account at the bank.

I read the related reports. He deposited all the money and promised to let the donors know where their money went. I translated his words "These are all the money, of which were donated by the kids including a cookie jar of coins. What are these things? These are people's 'HEARTS'. Can't I let them know where their money goes?"

Due to my English level, I might make some mistakes. The following is what he said in Chinese.

"整的都有这些,还有的是小朋友的捐款,一饼干盒子的硬币,这些都是什么?都是心啊,我能不让他们知道这些钱花哪儿了?"

Reading his words, I just feel that he is very grateful to those people. They are good and kind people. He has to let them know how he spend their money. Why did he feel grateful? He knew that there were good people who cared about their family. They didn't send money as "gift". It is just their way of showing their concern.
Oct 26, 2011 03:47
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

They didn't send money as "gift". It is just their way of showing their concern.

Your own words best describe the depths of Chinese reliance and love of money. Many Chinese people now believe money is the best way to express...concern, happiness, sadness, guilt, gratitude, empathy, sympathy and every other human emotion.

I feel quite sad that you can't see what China is becoming. Perhaps I should send you some money to express my sadness.
Oct 26, 2011 22:32
  • BBQQ
Thanks for your generosity, Bobert. I don’t earn a very high salary but I can support myself.

I admit that I love money too. But I believe “A man of honor makes money by a lawful way (君子爱财,取之以道)”. I won’t commit a crime to make easy money.

The girl’s parents were lucky because the hospital didn’t ask them to pay for the treatment. If the hospital required them to pay for the medical fee, they would have had no other way but robbing the bank. Remember it costs 4000-5000 every day.

As I said in another post, you have your right to refuse to take money but please do not doubt about their good intentions. It is their way to express love, concern, gratitude etc.
Page 4 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What would you have done if you saw a kid crushed twice by a car?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code