Menu
Bride Price
Oct 26, 2011 20:55
  • BBQQ
Keep face? They do not want to lose face so that they take advantage of their daughter’s marriage to keep their face. Stubborn and stupid! If they really care about their daughter’s future, they won’t do this. They believe that their daughter will live a decent life if she gets married with a rich guy. But are they sure that the rich guy will treat their daughter very well?

10-20000 USD is too much. I suggest you go to your girlfriend’s hometown to investigate how much the local guys pay for the bride price. If they pay much less than you do, just ask her parents “Is it because I am a foreigner so that you ask 200000 Canadian dollars as bride price?” Tell them you won’t pay so much for the bride price and wait how they say about it.

Some parents just believe that all foreigners are very rich. So they can profit from their daughters’ marriage.
Oct 27, 2011 02:31
  • NEWBBIE
My dear friend forget her and find another woman,,,,,Next time tell them in advance and have them mentally prepare that you'll only be willing to pay (or rather you can only afford) 100K RMB,,, I'm sure that there'll alot of nice gals queeing up for you.....
Oct 28, 2011 20:29
GUEST56126 Run away now, waste no time and run away. Shame on these parents for spoiling their daughter's chance to get married.

Next time don't pursue a village girl. BTW, girls from particular places in China, mainly poor areas, are targeted by the consulate for rejections.

There are many girls looking for you, from medium size cities, most of them are not below the poverty line and don't seek "bride money".

Good luck.
Oct 28, 2011 22:23
  • LAUGH
GUEST39611, have you made up your mind? What did she say when you told her that you wanted to end the relationship between you and her.
Oct 31, 2011 19:19
GUEST75139 I'm from Wisconsin U.S.A. and I just married a wonderfull chinese lady in Lanzhou. Her parents are poor rural people and they never asked for anything from me. I think my neighbor the canadian better look else were.
Nov 1, 2011 03:21
GUEST54989
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST75139

I'm from Wisconsin U.S.A. and I just married a wonderfull chinese lady in Lanzhou. Her parents are poor rural people and they never asked for anything from me. I think my neighbor the canadian better look else were.

People in rural areas are simple and innocent. They just hope that you two will live together happily. That's all.
Nov 4, 2011 11:02
GUEST71201 Wow, maybe this is the price for the whole family?
I mean you buy the bride and the others work for you all your life
Nov 4, 2011 21:59
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST71201

Wow, maybe this is the price for the whole family?
I mean you buy the bride and the others work for you all your life

Definitely not. The girl's parents never work for you. Their daughters are their assets. You take their asset away and you should pay them money.
Nov 12, 2011 02:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Definitely not. The girl's parents never work for you. Their daughters are their assets. You take their asset away and you should pay them money.

Too sad. I married their parents. I didn't take her away as asset. It is pathetic that their parents think of their daughter like asset.
Jan 28, 2012 09:15
GUEST81385 If shes 20yrs old and virgin why not
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bride Price
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code