Menu
Some Chinese scenic areas are in complete disorder though they have beautiful scenery. Agreed?
Mar 28, 2012 01:58
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 47 vote(s)
  2. 9 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A 24 years old Singaporean college student spent his vacation with his friends at a ski resort in Heilongjiang Province. After paying for 140 yuan entrance fee, he noticed that he had to pay 250 yuan to recruit a coach. He paid the money and recruited a coach.

Surprisingly, his coach finished his instruction lesson in 30 minutes. Then his coach implicated that he should pay him 200 yuan more. He refused to give him 200 yuan. He was lucky. The coach didn’t make trouble but left.

A pair of lovers from Shandong Province visited the Hutong by rickshaw after they went out of the Forbidden City. The driver just ran less than 10 minutes. He stopped at a dark corner and told them their Hutong trip was over. Then he asked them for 200 yuan. The girl thought she was ripped off. But she paid the money and left, considering of their safety.

Such cases happen at Zhangjiajie, Phoenix Town, Sanya and other scenic spots too. China has published some rules to manage its scenic areas. However, tourists still get ripped off at some scenic areas. Whose fault? Do the administrative authorities fail to fulfill their responsibilities? Or are the tourist are too stupid?

Apr 1, 2012 09:33
  • OUMAR
i love chinese
Apr 2, 2012 05:41
  • WANHU
Maybe it's nit a ripp-off but rather the charge imposed by the proprietor. So, traveller needs to agree with the price first before utilising the facilities. Some people just want to make maximum profit inconsiderately.
Wan
Apr 2, 2012 08:37
  • VANESSAZHONG
Last time when I travelled to Huashan, I went there by train. Everything seemed great untill I got to the railway station of Huashan. I could hardly find a licensed cab to go to the foot of Huashan. All they had were unlicensed cars and the drivers charged too high because I saw the website said it only need CNY10. But I had no choice. The driver said CNY30 which was one and half times comparing to my train tichet to Huashan. Finally, it took me 10 minutes to get my destination Huashan. After that, I decide that I will go there by tour bus when I go to Huashan next time .
Apr 4, 2012 21:51
Vanessa,

I feel sorry for your bad experience at Huashan. The railway stations in China are the worst places. They are dirty and crowded.

I remembered that I was almost cheated by the unlicensed cars at Xian Railway Station. My friend and I wanted to take bus to visit Terra Cotta Warriors. I knew that we could take No.306 bus at the Xian Railway Station. Thus, we went there to find No.306 bus. But some people got in our way and said there was no No.306 bus. They suggested we take their small van. At beginning, we didn't talk to them. We kept seeking the No.306 bus but failed to find one.

They still followed us and wanted to persuade us to get on their van. My friend almost agreed to get on their van. Suddenly, a green bus appears in front of us. It was No.306. I asked them why they cheated us. They didn't say a word but left.
Apr 5, 2012 04:52
  • VANESSAZHONG
You're so lucky. I didn't find the bus to go to Terra Cotta too. We got on the van and told us we wouldn't get off if he took us the the places we didn't want to go.But finally we found we were cheated. Anyway, it's a really bad experience.
Apr 5, 2012 20:41
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

You're so lucky. I didn't find the bus to go to Terra Cotta too. We got on the van and told us we wouldn't get off if he took us the the places we didn't want to go.But finally we found we were cheated. Anyway, it's a really bad experience.

How could this happen? You are a tour guide, right? I thought that you could avoid this. We went there during the National Day Holidays. There were too many people. When we finished our tour, we found it was impossible for us to take No.306 back to Xian. But we found there was another bus that could take us to Xian. It was small and crowded. Anyway, we got back to Xian at last.
Apr 6, 2012 09:51
  • VANESSAZHONG
The next day, I went to the little square in front of the railway station again. I still didn't find that bus. But when I was about to give up, I found a Bus306 was running towards me.It was stoped in another square which was a little far away. That's why I didn't find it at first time. All the oblivious place was occupied by the local tour vans. They looked really shabby.
Apr 7, 2012 01:16
Vanessa, this is the real No.306 bus. The fare is CNY 7 for the whole journey. Remember it in case you come to visit Terracotta Warriors and Horses again.

Apr 7, 2012 04:47
  • VANESSAZHONG
Thanks a lot. It was my first time being cheated during my travels. I'm sure it would be last.
Apr 10, 2012 03:08
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

Thanks a lot. It was my first time being cheated during my travels. I'm sure it would be last.

Well, I usually do some lessons before starting my trips. Thus, I might get to know some traps before. Before going to the Terracotta Warriors and Horses, I searched on the internet and noticed that there were fake No.306 buses at the square of Xian Railway Station. So I was very careful when I arrived there.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Some Chinese scenic areas are in complete disorder though they have beautiful scenery. Agreed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code