Menu
Is there anyone want to travel China's rural?
Jun 5, 2012 12:30
  • MICECHOW
Hi, Basically I agree with your points of view. but as I know the people around me, I found many of them just want to make a better income in the city, set up their homes there, and left their parents in countryside, farming their lands, kids sent money to them from city.

but, i think some of them can earn money from their hometown, maybe not so much as in the city, still,can make a better life.

so, maybe they just think about that the city is a great place, from country to city, just like a evolution?? maybe I am wrong, the problem is so complex.oh... make me mad...........
Jun 6, 2012 00:21
  • WANHU
Mice, my friend has family land. After graduating from an agriculture university he decided to rear chicken, both for layers and meat, planting wet paddy and some catch crops. He made tons of money. Lately he's trying to venture into bird nest.
Wan
Jun 8, 2012 23:23
  • MICECHOW
Wan,
your friend is great!! I am rearing chicken,too,but I graduated from Software Engineering. rasing chinken for about 2 years, but I have not earned any money, just can keep me alive here.

many people sugggest me to the city for a job, at least can get the money every month, but I know I have to hold on, because I still can see the hope in front of me.sometimes I thought that maybe I made the wrong decision before, but quickly it will disappear, cause I love here, I know I will make my futrue here one day.
Jun 9, 2012 12:10
  • WANHU
Mice, rearing chicken for meat is just a break even business because the food is expensive and you need to sell the chicken within a month. Further, wholesale buyers determine the market price and they may also squeeze your neck. If your chicken are layers, probably you can make some inroads.

Today, I think you can't depend on one product only. That is probably one of the reasons my friend is venturing into bird nest business. It's quite tricky and risky business as the birds may come in thousands but we are not sure if they produce nests there.

Wsn
Jun 9, 2012 22:38
Some of those work in the city can't even support themselves, the money finishes before the month ends. Being filial, they need to send money to their parents, from which source?

It's weird but true. I read that a college graduate earned less than his dad who was a temporary work at a certain building site. He felt ashamed and his dad regretted that he sent his son to study in college.
Jun 10, 2012 00:44
  • WANHU
Not weird, Lonely. With stiff competition, they earn less commission from small sales, and what can you expect with 3000 monthly salary? In city like Shenzhen, room rental is already 1200 in Luohu and Nanshan. RMB50 per day is barely enough for breakfast, lunch and dinner, how about transport, mobile phone, etc.?

Or rent a room in Fuyong at RMB450 per month, and work in Futian, and waste 3 hours per day on journey.

Wan
Jun 10, 2012 01:02
Wan,

I believe that it costs than 1200 per month if you want to stay in an apartment. Spending 1200 per month, you might just get a room, right?

In Xian, an apartment with two rooms costs from CNY 1200 to 1800. The more you pay, the more equipment in the apartment. If you want to rent an apartment with three rooms, you need to pay CNY 2000-2500 per month.

It costs CNY 500-800 if you share a room with other people or just rent a room in the villages.
Jun 10, 2012 01:10
  • WANHU
It's just a basic room, Lonely. Some people just want privacy.

In Guangzhou, 3-room apartment in Shangxiajiu area is RMB4000 per month on the 34th floor, and it's furnished with simple furniture, kitchen with fridge, HD TV and internet connection.
Jun 10, 2012 01:12
  • WANHU
Lonely, how much you spend on food?
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 20:52
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely, how much you spend on food?
Wan

Breakfast: CNY3-3.5
Lunch: We have our own dining room and all food is free.
Dinner: I buy vegetables and cook dinner by myself. The veg costs me CNY 10-15.
Page 6 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is there anyone want to travel China's rural?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code